PDA

View Full Version : Superman Returns Movie Teaser

Dynasty
11-18-2005, 04:33 PM
I saw this teaser while at the theatre last night.

Superman Returns (http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/supermanreturns/teaser/teaser_hi.mov)

For me, it'll be strange seeing a non-Christopher Reeve Superman.

MelK
11-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Too bad there aren't any good movies to watch this weekend. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Just that wizards and kids stuff. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Duke
11-18-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw this teaser while at the theatre last night.

Superman Returns (http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/supermanreturns/teaser/teaser_hi.mov)

For me, it'll be strange seeing a non-Christopher Reeve Superman.

[/ QUOTE ]

I, too, saw Goblet of Fire, and finally know why I do not like the Harry Potter movies.

I couldn't even tell who was playing Superman in the trailer, but agree that it'll be weird.

~D

CollinEstes
11-18-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Too bad there aren't any good movies to watch this weekend. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Just that wizards and kids stuff. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm. Walk the Line.

Dynasty
11-19-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I, too, saw Goblet of Fire, and finally know why I do not like the Harry Potter movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't care for the GoF film much. It's gotten to a point where I might be able to wait for Order of the Phoenix to come on cable.

The films just don't come close to capturing the greatness of the books.

diebitter
11-19-2005, 03:13 AM
Are there any other adults that actually have read Harry Potter and thought, 'hmmm, kid's book'?

edfurlong
11-19-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are there any other adults that actually have read Harry Potter and thought, 'hmmm, kid's book'?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read them and thats what I thought. Any points for that?

AdamL
11-19-2005, 03:36 AM
Looks good to me.

gamblore99
11-19-2005, 03:40 AM
Smallville is good. This movie looks ok, but to much like the old stuff. Also, the superman uniform seems to always look stupid.

Dynasty
11-19-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This movie looks ok, but to much like the old stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's definitely intentiional.

I believe Superman Returns is going to be a sequel to the Reeve Superman and Supermann II films, meaning that they'll be continuing the story from the end of II. They're essentially ignoring that III and IV were ever made.

11-19-2005, 03:51 AM
I think its gonna be a mix. Obviously from the teaser we will get some background on superman, but i have also heard its a #3. Seems like the teaser was mostly geared towards the beginning story of superman though

11-19-2005, 06:15 AM
I really hope they do a good job with Superman. I've been watching the first season of Smallville and haven't really enjoyed it yet, although I hear that it picks up in the later seasons. I'm just tired of "krypto-enemies". And it will be sad to see Superman without Reeves. I thought it would have been cool for the new Superman movie to have a cameo of Reeves... but he left us too soon.

stabn
11-19-2005, 07:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

gamblore99
11-19-2005, 02:21 PM
I really hope it focuses more on his origins, then on just continues after number II. Supermans origins seem far more interesting than him kicking ass.

Publos Nemesis
11-19-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

and it's not even close.

Publos Nemesis
11-19-2005, 03:06 PM
wicked. thanks for the headsup dynasty

wonderwes
11-20-2005, 03:53 AM
wow, I forgot there were 4 movies. I barely remember any of the content in them.

1st one was him on the farm, fought lex luthor
2nd was the one with the 3 kryptons
3rd was the one with richad pryor and the machine?
Don't even remember the 4th.

What was the plot/villians for all the movies?

Dynasty
11-20-2005, 03:58 AM
You got the first three right.

The 4th, subltitled "The Quest for Peace" involved Superman taking all of Earth's nuclear weapons and disposing of them in space. Meanwhile, Lex Luthor creates a supervillian called Nuclear Man whose obvious mission is to destroy Superman. IV was a really bad movie (like III).

diebitter
11-20-2005, 04:01 AM
Dispute 3 was that bad, It was fun and it was interesting to see Christopher Reeves acting nutty as bad supey. He was pretty convincing as a psycho when he went nuts in the junkyard and started shouting.

4 was abominable though - I'd say the worst superhero movie ever (including the Phantom!)

Dynasty
11-20-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dispute 3 was that bad, It was fun and it was interesting to see Christopher Reeves acting nutty as bad supey. He was pretty convincing as a psycho when he went nuts in the junkyard and started shouting.

[/ QUOTE ]

That Superman vs. Superman fight was good. But, that one scene couldn't save the whole film. Richard Pryor was terribly casted. He simply shouldn't have been a vilian (even one which switches sides before the end).

The scene where the woman gets borgified by the supercomputer was also good.

KneeCo
11-20-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Smallville is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, are a liar. You might be able to say "Smallville was good for about twenty minutes", but that's pretty much as far as it goes.

As for the teaser, seems like they'll be re-telling the origin story, fine by me I suppose, it's a good story. While I doubt the new kid can fill Reeve's boots, you have to look foward to seeing a new Bryan Singer/Kevin Spacey movie.

astroglide
11-20-2005, 04:07 AM
i wish they would make smallville movies instead