PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up with young, cute, junior co-workers

kenberman
11-18-2005, 03:59 PM
No, I can't post pics.

background: I'm a mid-level manager...1 step below exec. committe at my company. about 7 people higher up than me (title wise), maybe 20 equal to me, and 30 underneath me. again, all title wise. I'm 30yo.

a newish girl at work is very cute, and seems to have taken a liking to me. she's 21/22. she is at the bottom rung of the totem pole, and although neither she nor her manager report directly to me, they kinda do in a matrix (not movie, but org structure) sort of way.

is there anyway hooking up with this girl can not lead to a bad workplace scenario?

miajag81
11-18-2005, 04:00 PM
No, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.

TheWorstPlayer
11-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Yeah. Get her fired first. While she's still working at the company, no good can come of it. There are plenty of cute, willing girls who work elsewhere. Or just get her fired.

swede123
11-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Two possible scenarios.

1) You quit.

2) She quits.

Not what you want to hear but such is life.

Swede

kenberman
11-18-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm not looking for a relationship with her, just a good time.

I suppose that is also relevant information I should have given.

it's also a reason why neither of us would even consider quiting for one another.

Ulysses
11-18-2005, 04:03 PM
Pls PM me pics and I will tell you whether the risk/reward is worth it.

Shajen
11-18-2005, 04:04 PM
I believe it was me who said: "Don't [censored] where you eat"

arod15
11-18-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, I can't post pics.

background: I'm a mid-level manager...1 step below exec. committe at my company. about 7 people higher up than me (title wise), maybe 20 equal to me, and 30 underneath me. again, all title wise. I'm 30yo.

a newish girl at work is very cute, and seems to have taken a liking to me. she's 21/22. she is at the bottom rung of the totem pole, and although neither she nor her manager report directly to me, they kinda do in a matrix (not movie, but org structure) sort of way.

is there anyway hooking up with this girl can not lead to a bad workplace scenario?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing but bad can come of this.
That being said I would do in a heartbeat, I have done it past, horrible things happened, but ill do it again........
You only live once.....

TheWorstPlayer
11-18-2005, 04:05 PM
You'll notice I said nothing about quitting.

CollinEstes
11-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Hook up once with her. Make it seem the next day like it was a huge mistake and convice her that you too should go your seperate ways.

Be careful though, because at her age you could be looking at a potiental stage 5 clinger.

durron597
11-18-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pls PM me pics and I will tell you whether the risk/reward is worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

By pics, diablo also means address and phone number.

moondogg
11-18-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not looking for a relationship with her, just a good time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a fantastic trainwreck. Plow away, and keep us updated.

tdarko
11-18-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By pics, diablo also means address and phone number.

[/ QUOTE ]
and by address and phone number durron means interests and hobbies.

Duke
11-18-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
about 7 people higher up than me (title wise), maybe 20 equal to me, and 30 underneath me. again, all title wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too many chiefs.

~D

diebitter
11-18-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just do it, for goodness' sakes.

Pussying about is pissing me off today.

PS. Might be worth waiting for the Christmas party. Easier to wriggle out of just the once.

chesspain
11-18-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...although neither she nor her manager report directly to me, they kinda do in a matrix (not movie, but org structure) sort of way.

[/ QUOTE ]

No

BottlesOf
11-18-2005, 05:04 PM
No. But that being said, hit that [censored].

offTopic
11-18-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a newish girl at work is very cute,

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/offTopic2p2/barf.jpg

Funny. She doesn't look newish.

Koss
11-18-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe it was me who said: SIIHP

[/ QUOTE ]

That's better.

cdxx
11-18-2005, 05:12 PM
this has The Office written all over it.

11-18-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing but bad can come of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

...well, except for the bending her over your desk part, which is pretty not bad.

PokerFink
11-18-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This sounds like a fantastic trainwreck. Plow away, and keep us updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Genius.

SossMan
11-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Depends: does she have a blog?

kenberman
11-18-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PS. Might be worth waiting for the Christmas party. Easier to wriggle out of just the once.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good idea. if we're both bombed, it's easy to write off as a 1 night stand. granted, this would probably be the case regardless of when we hooked up, but somehow the company event part makes it more acceptable.

diebitter
11-18-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good idea. if we're both bombed, it's easy to write off as a 1 night stand. granted, this would probably be the case regardless of when we hooked up, but somehow the company event part makes it more acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna start charging.

samjjones
11-18-2005, 06:20 PM
This worked out well for Hugh Grant in "Bridget Jones' Diary".

gmrankin
11-18-2005, 06:29 PM
I made this horrible mistake a few months ago... now everytime i see her it sucks... i am already looking for a new job. I make it a point not to see/talk to exes and now i am forced to. not cool at all. It was cool while it lasted, but like most good things it will end. and so will your freedom at work. my 2 cents. later

tpir90036
11-18-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I never understood this quote and I have heard it a lot. I mean I can use our old friend the context clue and I know what people mean when they say it. But WTF? I don't eat at work... I go out to lunch and get out of the office. And I don't [censored] on my girlfriends. And they aren't allowed to [censored] at all when I am within 50 yards because I think that's gross and if they stink up my bathroom they are getting no sexy intercourse.

samjjones
11-18-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And I don't [censored] on my girlfriends.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't knock it 'til you try it.

SossMan
11-18-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I never understood this quote and I have heard it a lot. I mean I can use our old friend the context clue and I know what people mean when they say it. But WTF? I don't eat at work... I go out to lunch and get out of the office. And I don't [censored] on my girlfriends. And they aren't allowed to [censored] at all when I am within 50 yards because I think that's gross and if they stink up my bathroom they are getting no sexy intercourse.

[/ QUOTE ]

think camping.

Bluffoon
11-18-2005, 07:39 PM
You know its wrong. You know it is going to be nothing but trouble. And you know you are going to do it anyway....

kenberman
11-18-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know its wrong. You know it is going to be nothing but trouble. And you know you are going to do it anyway....

[/ QUOTE ]

she does have huge bombs

istewart
11-18-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a newish girl at work is very cute,

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/offTopic2p2/barf.jpg

Funny. She doesn't look newish.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL