PDA

View Full Version : Rakeback Minus Bonus

MolesKnows
11-18-2005, 03:38 PM
On many sites they dediuct the bonus earned from your rakeback. As such I have negative amounts of Rakeback earned. Is there any downside to this or am I just basically getting my money sooner rather than later???

Example: I have 300 pending rakeback which is paid out Dec 1st. I earn 100 in a poker site bonus which I get right now, this changes my amount due on Dec 1st to 200.

Is this how it works? If so isn't it better to do that and get the money earlier in order to use it sooner?

playersare
11-18-2005, 04:03 PM
yes, bonuses paid upfront from the sites are still better even if they are deducted from your rakeback MGR which your affiliate only pays you once a month.

negative MGR cannot hurt you in any way. that is the affiliate's own risk of signing you up under him or her.

also note that bonuses are deducted from your gross rake REVENUE, not the NET rakeback after your affiliate's commission is calculated. so if you are due $300 on a 25% rebate deal (generated from $1200 MGR), then your rakeback is only reduced by $25, not $100, because ($1200 - $100) x 0.25 = $275.

MolesKnows
11-19-2005, 11:18 AM
Excellent, so I should always take advantage of bonuses thanks:)