PDA

View Full Version : Pot luck lunches at work

mlh2e
11-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Everywhere I have ever worked has a pot luck lunch either at Thanksgiving or Xmas. At my last job, these were a huge deal, with everyone trying to outdo everyone else with the tastiest dishes. It was awesome. The company provided deep fried turkeys and delicious ham, all in extreme abundance. I was very fat and happy.

This year, I am employed by a much larger company. I just finished my pot luck lunch, and am sorely disappointed. The dishes were very bland, and the turkey we had catered to us was dry and there was no gravy. Yes, that's right. NO GRAVY. Who the hell does that?

So what are your pot lucks like? Favorite dishes? Nastiest concoctions? What do you bring?

For me, I always have my wife bake her secret recipe cookies, and I make fried ravioli and marinara dipping sauce. My favorite treats are the sausage balls and pecan pies. I hate those weird marshmellow fruit jello mix things as well as most squash casseroles.

CollinEstes
11-18-2005, 03:24 PM
Not sure if it would fit in around the holidays. But I have been making these Pulled Pork BBQ Nachos. They kill any other BBQ pot luck dish.

http://images.scrippsweb.com/FOOD/2004/07/09/bq1a07_bbq_nachos3_e.jpg

mlh2e
11-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Yeah, my fried ravioli doesn't epitomize Thanksgiving either, but it's always one of the first dishes to be empty.