PDA

View Full Version : A few loose hands.

Stealthy
11-18-2005, 03:00 PM
These hands are posted party cause I think they are interesting but also cause I may have mis-played them all and need to learn!

Hand 1:

Vilain is 21/9/2 and I have no real reads apart form his stats.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Like or no like?

Hand 2:

Reads are kind or meaningless here but if you say I misplayed every street I could not argue. Hanging on for dear life and being a total fish!

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (16.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG calls $2 (All-In), UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (21.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 24.25 BB

Well I called the initial raise with my junk hand just cause so many were in. Almost folded the 2 back to me but felt that that would be bad. After that I turn into a calling station. I was planning on raising the turn until MP2 did and then bottled out.

Hand 3:

The only one with a what to do at the end. UTG+1 is 39/19/1 and my pre-flop re-raise is to isolate him. SB is 85/18/.06 and if anybody was calling 3 cold it is him.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero?

TripleH68
11-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Hand 1: Once check-raised on the flop you are in trouble. The board is drawless.
If you must I don't think raising the turn is a bad play *if you can fold to a 3-bet*.

Hand 2: Fold preflop. Fold flop especially when it is two back to you. Yikes.

Hand 3: Check?

Stealthy
11-18-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Once check-raised on the flop you are in trouble. The board is drawless.
If you must I don't think raising the turn is a bad play *if you can fold to a 3-bet*.

Hand 2: Fold preflop. Fold flop especially when it is two back to you. Yikes.

Hand 3: Check?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1: Yes a 3 bet is an easy fold here even for me. I am usually suspicious of getting check-raised on the flop in these spots by a TAG. My raise was for a free showdown and because I felt there was a good chance I still held the best hand.

Hand 2: I have gutshot outs and a pair and am getting 12-1 on my call. This may still be a fold given the 3 bet risk but the pot is very big and I was thinking of the flop hand quiz hand is SSH (No. 18) where it is conceded that my type of hand is mediocre but to call and hope for the best! The call might well still be bad though, but it is the turn and river where I went brain-dead and made no attempt to protect my hand or get any potential value.

ErrantNight
11-18-2005, 04:58 PM
i think you're behind in hand 1 and if i was curious i'd call down, or at least make this the last two bets i put in

hand 2 is horriffic. you can fold the first time around preflop... and you can DEFINITELY fold the second time

and you can DEFINITELY fold on the flop, both times.

and you REALLY must lead the turn and hope to be raised

and c/calling the river is arguably just as terrible as the first three streets.

in fact, i can't believe you posted this hand. not only is every street misplayed, every street is absolutely terrible.

i'm not trying to be mean, i'm trying to impress upon you how bad your play in that hand was.

on to hand 3... phew! a decent hand!

there's a chance you have the best hand, but it's most likely you're chopping at best. i don't mind a bet, folding to a raise, taking a free showdown. but i'd prefer to check and see what happens on the river.

Stealthy
11-18-2005, 05:19 PM
ErrantNight hand 2 was posted for the very reasons you highlighted and simply because it the worse hand I had played all day by a long way. I had no clue where I was at any point and as you said pre-flop was terrible and it got worse from there on in. It WAS horrific and I have no excuse for it as I am better than that.

I have no problem with you being mean as I agree with all your points. But to re-sum-up my thinking.

Pre-flop a few in I am getting good odds on my crappy connecting hand I'll take a look form the BB. Oh (expletive) it got 3 bet and capped. What do I do now. Dunno, dunno, think, think well odds are still there I'll call.

Flop. Small pair and gutter on a monotone. Very big pot. (brain switches off at this point) 12-1 I'll call. Start crying when the pot is raised again, well if I called the first time I cannot fold now.

Turn. My magical trips I am going to check-raise here. MP2 raises first. Damn, damn what does that mean, has he got a flush or boat? Panic, panic, panic, call! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

River. Brain has rejected any attempt to re-start and I get to showdown on the cheap.

Wretched, wretched poker!