PDA

View Full Version : State of the Mod Discussion

MrWookie47
11-18-2005, 02:59 PM
The other thread was getting pretty unwieldly, so here's the latest sorted approximately in order of decreasing controversy.

Small Stakes:
-GoT for sure.
-W. Deranged just got back to me and was qutie enthusiastic about the job. Evan gave him a strong endorsement, and I agree. No one has objected.
-The lingering question is if we should add QTip or jason_t as well. QTip isn't as active on the forums and more, but he would like the job. Jason_t has been strongly endorsed, but some, including myself, are hesitant about him. However, Dynasty has chimed in saying that there isn't any lingering baggage that might interfere with things.
-Having three mods probably isn't necessary, but it's certainly not a detriment if all three are good choices.
-It'd be good to hear from GoT, since he's the one most affected by things here.

Higher Stakes:
-Dcifrthis for sure.
-Paluka wants the job, was mentioned by Dcifr and Astro, and has been active in that forum.
-James282 has also been mentioned, also wants the job, but in my looking, hasn't been quite as active.

Small Stakes Short:
-Me for sure
-StellarWind would like the job.
-Robk will be put here, even though he isn't active.
-SurfBullet will be a temporary mod here. How long? One week? Two weeks? What do you think?

Microlimit
-Gregatron for sure, and I'll stay on the ticket.
-VoraciousReader will make an excellent mod. She def. wants the position, and since I won't be as focused on micro, it'd be good to have one more.

Mid-High Short:
-Surfbullet for sure
-Josh. for sure
-Schneids may mod this too.
-This is probably another case of three solid mods not being an issue.

Beats, Brags, and Variance:
-Dids wants it.
-Greg and I have endorsed JaxUp for the job, and no one has objected.

Mid Stakes:
-Entity and Evan. Done.

Forum Suggestions:
-Microbob. Done.

bobbyi
11-18-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mid Stakes:
-Entity and Evan. Done.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

MrWookie47
11-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Heh. Oops. I guess we can let you into their little club. /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

durron597
11-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Here's my penny:

[ QUOTE ]
Small Stakes:
-GoT for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't GoT mostly playing mid limits? Not that it matters.

[ QUOTE ]

-W. Deranged just got back to me and was qutie enthusiastic about the job. Evan gave him a strong endorsement, and I agree. No one has objected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thumbs up.

[ QUOTE ]

-The lingering question is if we should add QTip or jason_t as well. QTip isn't as active on the forums and more, but he would like the job. Jason_t has been strongly endorsed, but some, including myself, are hesitant about him. However, Dynasty has chimed in saying that there isn't any lingering baggage that might interfere with things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've mentioned Jake (the Snake) more than once (instead of either QTip or jason_t), but no one has commented on this. I think it would be convenient so that he can sticky his own digests.

[ QUOTE ]

-Having three mods probably isn't necessary, but it's certainly not a detriment if all three are good choices.
-It'd be good to hear from GoT, since he's the one most affected by things here.

[/ QUOTE ]

In general I would prefer 3 mods when one of the mods has multiple forums.

[ QUOTE ]

Higher Stakes:
-Dcifrthis for sure.
-Paluka wants the job, was mentioned by Dcifr and Astro, and has been active in that forum.
-James282 has also been mentioned, also wants the job, but in my looking, hasn't been quite as active.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thumbs up for both Paluka and James282.

[ QUOTE ]

Small Stakes Short:
-Me for sure
-SurfBullet will be a temporary mod here. How long? One week? Two weeks? What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me fwiw.

[ QUOTE ]

Microlimit
-Gregatron for sure, and I'll stay on the ticket.
-VoraciousReader will make an excellent mod. She def. wants the position, and since I won't be as focused on micro, it'd be good to have one more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't read Micro but having another mod there when you have two forums would be good.

[ QUOTE ]

Mid-High Short:
-Surfbullet for sure
-Josh. for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Thumbs up for Schneids.

[ QUOTE ]

-Dids wants it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to have Dids approve JaxUp (I don't know him).

[ QUOTE ]

Mid Stakes:
-Entity and Evan. Done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bobbyi, too, right?

[ QUOTE ]

Forum Suggestions:
-Microbob. Done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see Microbob nominate a second mod for this forum.

B Dids
11-18-2005, 03:42 PM
GoT's expressed a desire to stay with SS, regardless of where he plays (20/40 badoogi I hear)

I'm not sure I've ever read a JaxUP post, but I endorse him.

For a forum with a volume like SS, 4 mods would almost be ideal.

bobbyi
11-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Is there anyone who doesn't agree with making Schneids MHSH mod?

MrWookie47
11-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Alright. I fired off a PM to Jake, I don't oppose making Schneids a mod, and I again apologize for omitting bobbyi from the list of Mid mods. I'll ask Microbob who he wants to join him in Suggestions.

bobbyi
11-18-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll ask Microbob who he wants to join him in Suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why on earth does the suggestions forum need more than just Microbob? With the amount of traffic it will get, it will probably be comparable in size to some of the forums that don't even have a mod and run fine. I think we should just take the number of mods we need to have things run smoothly rather than as many as possible.

durron597
11-18-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Why on earth does the suggestions forum need more than just Microbob?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most forums should have two mods in case, say, Microbob decides to go on vacation and doesn't leave the forum modless for a week. It could even be an existing mod... I would do it if you guys want.

MrWookie47
11-18-2005, 04:26 PM
OK, that sounds reasonable. I haven't talked to him yet, so we'll just stick durron with him.

timprov
11-18-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
GoT's expressed a desire to stay with SS, regardless of where he plays (20/40 badoogi I hear)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't need a co-mod. Just in case anyone was wondering.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

B Dids
11-18-2005, 04:56 PM
OMG there are Padooki (I love that I feel I can spell this any way I feel like) hands in your forum. I may have to start reading!

timprov
11-18-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OMG there are Padooki (I love that I feel I can spell this any way I feel like) hands in your forum. I may have to start reading!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking I should start spelling it Patootie.

beset7
11-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Is Mid/High PL/NL staying as one forum?

MrWookie47
11-18-2005, 05:04 PM
At present, yes. If there's demand for a split, it could happen in the (near) future.

beset7
11-18-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At present, yes. If there's demand for a split, it could happen in the (near) future.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been talked about repeatedly in the forum. I'll PM AZK and Xorbie as I don't think they read this forum much.

I for one, though I moderate the Omaha forums, play a lot of mid-limit NL and would love to see a forum for 1/2 through 5/10 NL. The PL/NL forums suffer from the same problems as the limit forums if not worse.

MrWookie47
11-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Alright. I heard back from Jake, and he'd like the job. Hmmm. I think my picks for SS mod would be GoT, W., and Jake. I def. want to hear GoT's picks, though, since he's most important.

Greg J
11-18-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...e=0#Post3959125 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=3959125&an=0&page=0# Post3959125)

Or you can just scroll down.

durron597
11-18-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...e=0#Post3959125 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=3959125&an=0&page=0# Post3959125)

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you can just scroll up - I was saying that we should probably have one additional moderator there in addition to Microbob. I offered if no one else is interested.

Greg J
11-19-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you can just scroll up - I was saying that we should probably have one additional moderator there in addition to Microbob. I offered if no one else is interested.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh dear lord. I feel like a bit of an ass. I need to stop trying to read so fast. Yeah, sorry for the mix up. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I thought he said he was going to pm Bob. Ignore me.

astroglide
11-19-2005, 03:05 PM
ok, andyfox is interested

massively active/popular easy-going veteran. i think he'd make a great addition to higher stakes. we'll have to see if he's too nice to act on people though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i think 3 mods is fine. paluka's not crazily active and i think his perspectives would balance out higher stakes quite well. between andy, paluka, and dcifrths you've got old, middle, and new school cultures represented by a set of reasonable guys.

Surfbullet
11-19-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, andyfox is interested

massively active/popular easy-going veteran. i think he'd make a great addition to higher stakes. we'll have to see if he's too nice to act on people though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i think 3 mods is fine. paluka's not crazily active and i think his perspectives would balance out higher stakes quite well. between andy, paluka, and dcifrths you've got old, middle, and new school cultures represented by a set of reasonable guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good idea, too.

Surf

Surfbullet
11-19-2005, 04:46 PM
my 2c...

[ QUOTE ]

Small Stakes:
-GoT for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see any problem with making jason_t a mod in SS if GoT thinks it's a good idea.

[ QUOTE ]

Small Stakes Short:
-Me for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

1 week should be plenty.

Since we're going the "More is more" route , if you (MrWookie) would like I can be left on the list permanently as a backup since Robk isn't active. I'd let you and stellar run the show but could fill in if either were out of town etc since i'll probably browse it occasionally.

Up to you, I don't mind either way, though it might be better if I am removed after 1 week so it's clear that you and Stellar are the ones in charge.

[ QUOTE ]

Mid-High Short:
-Surfbullet for sure
-Josh. for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks great IMO.

[ QUOTE ]

-Dids wants it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know JaxUp but I trust your judgement.

[ QUOTE ]

Mid Stakes:
-Entity and Evan. Done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bobbyi!

Surf

astroglide
11-19-2005, 04:50 PM
if mid could use a 4th mod because of traffic, i think jeff w would fit there great

Surfbullet
11-19-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if mid could use a 4th mod because of traffic, i think jeff w would fit there great

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, definitely. I hear he's been playing 100/200 lately though too but I'm pretty sure mid-stakes are his regular game.

Surf

Jurollo
11-20-2005, 06:27 PM
I'll do the forum suggestions with micro if he wants. I have enough free time to peruse two forums.
~Justin

bobbyi
11-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Great idea, Astro. Andyfox as one of the higher mods would be awesome. He has consistently been a topnotch contributor to the forums and I have full confidence that he would use mod powers wisely.

durron597
11-20-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll do the forum suggestions with micro if he wants. I have enough free time to peruse two forums.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Me, too... I would have no problem with 3 mods or letting Bob decide.

MrWookie47
11-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Personally, I feel this is best resolved with a Google fight. (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Jurollo+&word2=durron59 7+)

durron597
11-21-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I feel this is best resolved with a Google fight. (http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Jurollo+&word2=durron59 7+)

[/ QUOTE ]

pwnd

Jurollo
11-21-2005, 06:38 PM
hahaha.

Jurollo
11-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Any idea on what the decision about who the 'forum suggesstions' mods will be, I see know harm in having something overmoderated, i.e. durron and myself in addition to bob. As I know I have talked to bob a lot in the past and wouldn't run into any problems with his decisions, as well as durron.
~Justin

Mat Sklansky
11-23-2005, 12:31 PM
I don't see the need for a moderator in that section

Jurollo
11-23-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Okey dokey, i was under the impression there would be, just trying to help.
~Justin

xorbie
11-23-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been talked about repeatedly in the forum. I'll PM AZK and Xorbie as I don't think they read this forum much.

I for one, though I moderate the Omaha forums, play a lot of mid-limit NL and would love to see a forum for 1/2 through 5/10 NL. The PL/NL forums suffer from the same problems as the limit forums if not worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's tricky where to draw the line. 5/10 plays more like 10/20 than 1/2, but if we group 5/10 and 10/20 together, we end up with just a "big games" forum which would have just about no posts. Maybe grouping 1/2-3/6 together in a seperate forum might help, and having the .5/1 games and lower be their own forum.

durron597
11-23-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you will always have idiots posting crap? Especially in a forum suggestion section where people well be like "omg 2+2 sucks fix it".

MrWookie47
11-23-2005, 03:45 PM
When I first read Mat's post, I changed my mind to agreeing with him in that he'd be plenty able to handle it alone, but durron makes a strong case. The signal to noise ratio in that forum may really suck. It might be good to have one other guy in there to delete/lock trolls/junk.

Mat Sklansky
11-23-2005, 05:03 PM
We'll see what happens after it goes up.