PDA

View Full Version : Induce Bluffs from LAG w/ Check/Call?

Roadstar
11-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Table is relatively good with LAGs and LPPs. Villain is about 35/15 type of player, post flop Agression > 2. He's got a wider than average PFR range and likely includes a lot of Ax. Table is a little short (7 handed) so villain is even more likely to open up his range here. MP1 and CO are LPP sheep.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Calling the raise in BB should be standard.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Rainbow paintless paired flop is relatively good for me I think. I'm strongly feel I'm ahead of villain (the PFR) but no idea what the sheep have. I thought about check/raising villain but that forces me to bet probably all the way or give it up if I check. Plus LAG is likely to raise with his two overcards so I want mr. cold call 2 CO out of the hand. Anyone like this donk? Thoughts?

Villain raises as expected I think I'm ahead but no point of bloating the point here right? so I call. Thoughts?

Turn: (7.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Most harmless possible card in the world, below my 55s, completing the rainbow. I think nothing changes but want LAGo to bluff one more time. Should I check/raise here or just check call?

I check called because I think villain has 6 outs and I don't want to let him off easy as I'm a 85%+ favorite here. What do you think?

River: (9.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks???

Overcard comes, my plan is check/call again. Should I just bet here? If it missed villain my check gives Mr. AF &gt; 2 give it one more try (I've seen him bet bet bet w/ AK AQ AJ etc UI).

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

I guess my flop turn and river lines are all up for debate (flop 3 bet?), turn (C/R?), River (donk?).

Thanks guys!

Nick C
11-18-2005, 02:53 PM
I think I'd take a check-and-see approach on that flop. I'm not really crazy about the board, which is coordinated near the limping zone and also leaves me vulnerable to counterfeiting. If I'm ahead now, which is far from certain, a big chunk of the deck could change that on the turn.

If I checked and MP2 bet and CO folded, then I'd probably checkraise.

By the way, if the LAG has, say, AT on the turn, you would love for him to fold to a checkraise. (You'd want him dropping six outs at this point, and with unimproved overcards he would actually have 9 outs.) Anyway, I think a checkraise would be good here, since we've gotten this far. I doubt the LAG will actually fold, but a checkraise would at least increase our chances of getting the other player out.

On the river, I think check-calling against the LAG is fine.

sy_or_bust
11-18-2005, 02:55 PM
checkraise flop. betting is really bad in this spot against the loose-passives and a preflop raiser sandwiched in the middle. you'll get 2-3 calls from a range of overcards a ton, and then youre out of position and faced with leading an always scary turn into 3 players, which you really shouldnt do.

Roadstar
11-18-2005, 03:11 PM
I understand your recommendation for a check raise.

I have two concerns with that approach, tell me why my logic is flawed pls:

1) But the C/R would most likely knock out MP1, the player I think I should be least worried about. A bet, however could knock CO if villain raises, which is somewhat likely (the most worrisome player who cold called preflop).

2) The C/R bloats the pot making it more likely I get callers when I bet the turn. The turn card could potentially increase (or decrease) my equity significantly. So wouldn't it be better to wait until the turn to apply the pressure?

Using the logic in 2), I think the check and see approach makes sense too.

Thanks for your help.