PDA

View Full Version : I bite my finger nails

Lazymeatball
11-18-2005, 02:07 PM
so yeah, I bite 'em. and then manually tear them off once a week or two. Is that weird, or do men normallly clip their fingernails? I feel my teeth are much more accurate.

now to get weirder. I bite my toenails once a month or so, and then tear at them with my fingernails. I never felt that toenail clippers were large enough or had the proper curve to trim my toenails.

pps. I usually take care of all of this in the shower, so that should make it less gross.

Soul Daddy
11-18-2005, 02:09 PM
I compulsively bite my fingernails. Like any time it looks like there is a piece for me to get, I'm all over it. Then I chew on it. Good times.

codewarrior
11-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Sucking on your own toes in the shower makes you a grade-A deviant, IMO.

IndieMatty
11-18-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I compulsively bite my fingernails. Like any time it looks like there is a piece for me to get, I'm all over it. Then I chew on it. Good times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: Yeah, WTF is up with toenails--gross Use a nail scissor, they sell them at the pharmacy.

trying2learn
11-18-2005, 02:14 PM
i just stopped biting my fingernails about 3 months ago. a habbit i had for many, many years. i'm glad i quit. biting your toenails is odd...and in the shower doesn't help IMHO.

Shajen
11-18-2005, 02:14 PM
This is why I keep a pair of clippers in my desk drawer at work.

edit: and if you don't like it, I'll crop dust your ass.

4_2_it
11-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Use clippers.

Jeesh, don't high schools have basic health classes anymore or do they just hand out condoms and just say no stickers and call that health education?

Lazymeatball
11-18-2005, 02:17 PM
I tear at my pinky fingernail untils it's less than 5 millimeters long or so. I fear that if I keep doing this I might just lose the toenail alltogether. Is that possible, to pick a toenail to death. Paging Wacki. Where is "Wacki?"

BeerMoney
11-18-2005, 02:18 PM
All of my front tooth are chipped because i do this.

11-18-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i just stopped biting my fingernails about 3 months ago. a habbit i had for many, many years. i'm glad i quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

How'd you quit? Trying to break the habit.

Gary

trying2learn
11-18-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i just stopped biting my fingernails about 3 months ago. a habbit i had for many, many years. i'm glad i quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

How'd you quit? Trying to break the habit.

Gary

[/ QUOTE ]

well, my way won't work for most - i have a little girl.

she bites, and we made a bet on who would quit first. neither of us have bitten too much since. (i think we each cheated a bit early). anyway, i just started making sure i took my finger out of my mouth everytime i started. it was a little odd at first, because some of the times were subconscious. but after making it a prioriety - it's been fairly easy since. i just clip like every two-three days so they don't get long enough to be tempting.

MelK
11-18-2005, 03:28 PM
This thread makes me wonder how the caveman took care of these types of things.

Before they had metal, how did they take care of fingernails, toenails, cutting hair, brushing teeth, etc?

Freakin
11-18-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so yeah, I bite 'em. and then manually tear them off once a week or two. Is that weird, or do men normallly clip their fingernails? I feel my teeth are much more accurate.

now to get weirder. I bite my toenails once a month or so, and then tear at them with my fingernails. I never felt that toenail clippers were large enough or had the proper curve to trim my toenails.

pps. I usually take care of all of this in the shower, so that should make it less gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're supposed to have very little, if any, curve to your toenails. You're basically supposed to cut them straight across.