PDA

View Full Version : How funny is this?

11-18-2005, 02:00 PM
I haven't checked my voice mail at work for 5 straight weeks now. It has said "Message for you" for 5 weeks and I never checked it. I could have like 20 messages saved on there.

I get about 3-5 phone calls a day.

I hate checking voice mail and playing phone tag with people. I figure they can also email me and I'll get back to them sooner. Or they could just call back if it's urgent.

Such was the case earlier this week when a guy called me and asked if I'd gotten his message from about a week ago. My response: "Uhhhh, let's see here...hmmmm..." He cut me off to say "Well, anyway...here's the deal..." lol. Nobody cares that you didn't call them back, they just want to talk business now that they got you on the phone.

My goal is to never check my voice mail ever again at this job.

Is this funny or not? My buddy at work knows about it and laughs pretty hard. He said I'm nuts. My supervisor is unaware.

11-18-2005, 02:02 PM
On a scale of 1-10, this is not even remotely funny /images/graemlins/frown.gif

kenberman
11-18-2005, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure what the funny part is supposed to be, therefore I don't think this is funny at all

Lazymeatball
11-18-2005, 02:26 PM
your a rebel

shant
11-18-2005, 02:26 PM
I missed a lot of the astroglide mod threads, but I assume the asteriks below people's names are how many strikes they have. Three strikes and you're out(banned) is the deal? Am I close?

LeatherFace
11-18-2005, 02:29 PM
0/10

2planka
11-18-2005, 02:34 PM

eviljeff
11-18-2005, 02:34 PM
you'd get better responses if you changed the subject

11-18-2005, 02:36 PM
I think even the 1-800-TBS-FUNNY chick would bitch slap you.

mostsmooth
11-18-2005, 02:38 PM
this is extremely funny, and youre coworker has an awesome sense of humor.

11-18-2005, 02:38 PM
almost as funny as sand caught in my eye........almost.

CollinEstes
11-18-2005, 02:40 PM
I can beat that I have been at this position for over a year and I never even changed my voicemail from the guy that had the job before me.

Booyah.

nolanfan34
11-18-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I missed a lot of the astroglide mod threads, but I assume the asteriks below people's names are how many strikes they have. Three strikes and you're out(banned) is the deal? Am I close?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? If so, I like this system a lot. This thread should be worth at least 2 *s.

DrNo888
11-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Would have been funny if you checked your VM and it has like 200 messages on it.

kenberman
11-18-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? If so, I like this system a lot. This thread should be worth at least 2 *s.

[/ QUOTE ]

didnt you already ban this guy from the Sporting Events forum?

11-18-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would have been funny if you checked your VM and it has like 200 messages on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea how many messages are on it...should I check it today?

Isn't the simple fact that I don't know/care how many are on it enough to make it funny?

The industry I'm in is a total joke and so I don't really take my job seriously.

11-18-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should pm me your phone number and password so I can check it for you. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

11-18-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should pm me your phone number and password so I can check it for you. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, if you don't mind calling Houston long-distance...

Amid Cent
11-18-2005, 03:38 PM
I was remembering the time my dog got hit by a car...your story is much funnier than that.

JonPKibble
11-18-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My goal is to never check my voice mail ever again at this job.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/AP_Photo/2004/12/23/1103840083_1620.jpg

YOU'RE FIRED!!!

citanul
11-18-2005, 04:25 PM
i was getting all set to explain to you how unfunny your post was, and people appear to have done an acceptable job of that already. i propose you take a break for a couple of days from OOT to consider "humor" before posting again.

SL__72
11-18-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was no where near as funny as this.

It might be funny in a "had to be there" sort of way.

11-18-2005, 06:08 PM
I didn't say it was funny. I said my co-worker thinks it's funny and I was simply asking how funny it was.

Saying "0" is perfectly acceptable. I don't know why people get offended by something like this....>>?

I get it. It's not funny. The fact that I probably have 20 messages piled up and don't care isn't funny. That when clients call me and ask if I got their message and I mutter "uhhh, just a sec...." until they get on with it isn't funny at all. It's standard.

That's all you guys had to say was that not checking your messages for over 25 business days is standard.

We've all done it, and it's no big deal. I get it now. I don't see why this was worth of a "2nd strike"???

moondogg
11-18-2005, 06:10 PM
You mean you really don't understand why this thread blows?

swing, batter, swing.

11-18-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You mean you really don't understand why this thread blows?

swing, batter, swing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't blow enough for you to keep from posting.

I had no idea this was standard office procedure. Now that I do, I will never assume people may find it funny.

Sorry. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

bwana devil
11-18-2005, 06:30 PM
i think it's funny. if youre getting the job, then sure it's funny.

and the post is quite a bit more entertaining than some. i guess it was the delivery why everyone is jumping on you. if a Pooh-Bah who had been here 2 years had posted something similiar had posted that, there would have been a good response.

i think everyone's grumpy today. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

housenuts
11-18-2005, 06:37 PM
i agree. if the first responder said "ahaha, that's gold. i think i'm gonna try that at my office" the rest of the replies would have followed suit. but instead the first response was "that's lame. not funny at all" so everyone else decided to lay the smackdown on your post as well.

i think it's somewhat humourous.

CollinEstes
11-18-2005, 06:39 PM
I don't think the content was the problem but rather the presentation. The Title of the thread lead to a disappoint with the content. A different title and nobody would have said anything.

11-18-2005, 10:03 PM
I think you are right...everyone seems up in arms over the fact that the post wasn't the funniest thing they'd ever heard.

Whoops.

Maybe if I added a poll, people wouldn't have been so harsh???? How ironic.

11-18-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think it's funny. if youre getting the job, then sure it's funny.

and the post is quite a bit more entertaining than some. i guess it was the delivery why everyone is jumping on you. if a Pooh-Bah who had been here 2 years had posted something similiar had posted that, there would have been a good response.

i think everyone's grumpy today. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the support. Tell Astroglide. Apparently this thread was enough for me to get a "second strike", because his pals didn't think it was as funny as they hoped for.

Good thing none of this phases me. I took a course on Sociology in college. I understand how group dynamic can work (or not work) sometime.

Keep on keepin' on.

K's Deal

11-18-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think even the 1-800-TBS-FUNNY chick would bitch slap you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat me to it, but I think she might let him chuckle