PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else enjoying the Fleetwood Mac concert...

Jimbo
06-27-2003, 10:53 PM
on PBS right now? They are one of my all time favorite groups. I've always had a "thing" for Stevie Nicks as well. Heck she was the original Goth! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I heard they will ne in Vegas soon. Anyone here know when? Back to the concert.....

Ray Zee
06-28-2003, 12:11 AM
you are right they are absolutely great. but if they come to vegas you can bet the babe will go to a boxing match instead.

Gitz
06-28-2003, 05:06 AM
Saw them in Worcester, MA. Went with my brother and I must say the sound system was outta wack and Stevie's voice was messed up. Had a ticket to Vegas at MGM but I sold it. Lindsay still rocks but that's about it. Had great seats not as nice as 82 though. That's when they really rocked. I was very disappointed in the concert. One of my highlites was getting backstage in 82 to see the band. Stevie was higher than me and that was tuff to be in those days. Everybody else was raving about it so take it for what it's worth. I thought the group really missed Chrissie.

Paul

John Feeney
06-29-2003, 02:15 AM
They were a good one. I remember *really* liking "Rhiannon" when it came out. I also thought it was kinda cool when Clinton played "Don't Stop" after he was elected -- a generational thing. (I know you treasured that moment Jimbo. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif )

Recently I've loved the Dixie Chicks' cover of Stevie's "Landslide." (Sorry, I know that may not be your top F-Mac moment either, Jimbo. But I'm being honest!)

BruceZ
06-29-2003, 04:08 AM
I agree, they are musical geniuses. They will be in Vegas July 5. Here are all the concert dates:

Fleetwood Mac Concert Dates and Tickets (http://ticketsnow.com/search/pubsearch.cfm?e=291&id=0&k=)

This is a ticket broker that always has lots of tickets to sold out shows, usually for a premium price. You can also still get good seats from ticketmaster for $250/ticket.

Jimbo
06-29-2003, 11:19 AM
BruceZ thanks very much for the info. Looks like I will catch them in KC in mid August. Only downside is that the tickets cost me more than the Stones and Elton John concerts did combined.

John you were correct on all counts. It is a sad day indeed when good music is subverted by liberals. I am sure you will agree! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

John Feeney
06-29-2003, 05:32 PM
"It is a sad day indeed when good music is subverted by liberals. I am sure you will agree! "

Absolutely. While it was cool when Clinton played their song, and the Dixie Chicks did a great cover of Landslide, when liberals (or conservatives or independents or others) subvert good music, that's no good at all! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif