PDA

View Full Version : More bad office habits

drewjustdrew
11-18-2005, 12:03 PM
It's Friday, so the guy in the cube across the aisle is clipping his nails. Do it at home!

phixxx
11-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Shoot the office up.

CollinEstes
11-18-2005, 12:05 PM
This is more weird than anything else. But this girl that works next to me put up probably like 6-8 pictures up on her desk. That isn't weird, but the fact that all of those pictures are of herself w/out anyone else in them mind you. Is a tad strange.

Not to mention her desktop background is another picture of her.

Who does that?

4_2_it
11-18-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is more weird than anything else. But this girl that works next to me put up probably like 6-8 pictures up on her desk. That isn't weird, but the fact that all of those pictures are of herself w/out anyone else in them mind you. Is a tad strange.

Who does that?

[/ QUOTE ]

A narcissist?

mason55
11-18-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Who does that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did that once in college, just decorated my room with pictures of myself. I just did it to be a jackass though and make people ask why I had pictures of myself. I doubt this is her reason.

diebitter
11-18-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Who does that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone very shallow who is most likely game for a "radical art" photoshoot.

bosoxfan
11-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Give me her e-mail address and I will ask her

CollinEstes
11-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Ok I will this afternoon. I am at home right now but will be in my office at 12:00. I don't know her address right off the top of my head.

bosoxfan
11-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Ok, PM it to me and I will post results if she replies.

diebitter
11-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Good thread just turned potentially great. Cool /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Vavavoom
11-18-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good thread just turned potentially great. Cool /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I love OOT...

11-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Sometimes I clip my nails at the office, because if I don't I'll pick at them and it bugs me. I'll usually close the door though. Here's my top five bad office habits:

- Leaving that last bit of coffee on the burner so it will stink up the whole place. Either make another pot or take it off, lazy.

- Hovering people...they don't have anything to do, so they come stand by your desk. Of course, they also don't have anything to say. Either say something or go away...I'm busy posting on 2+2.

- People who don't get their print jobs after they print. So when I go to get my print job, it's mixed in with all this old stuff. Why did they even bother to print it if they're not going to use it?

- People who use speakerphone to dial because they're too lazy to pick up the handset. BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP BEEP...just pick it up!

- People who shoulder surf or look at your monitor when you're gone. I was doing a training module one day, and a particular page had some photos of people on it. I left my computer unlocked, and when I came back, the receptionist was in my office looking at my monitor! WTF? "Well, I walked by, and it looked like you were on Match.com." "Did you think I'd click on your profile?" Yeesh. CTRL-ALT-DEL-ENTER. CTRL-ALT-DEL-ENTER.

I'd love to hear others...this is fun.

ScottieK

samjjones
11-18-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, PM it to me and I will post results if she replies.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is grrrrrrrrrrrrr-eat!

11-18-2005, 12:20 PM
This is great. This is great! Now I have something to look forward to all day! That is weird...it's all photos of her with no one else in them? What is she, some HS prom queen?

ScottieK

danzasmack
11-18-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Who does that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone with an identical twin.

diebitter
11-18-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

- Hovering people...they don't have anything to do, so they come stand by your desk. Of course, they also don't have anything to say. Either say something or go away...I'm busy posting on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell you how pissed off this makes me. Only when I wanna OOT though. Which is all the time.

CollinEstes
11-18-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is great. This is great! Now I have something to look forward to all day! That is weird...it's all photos of her with no one else in them? What is she, some HS prom queen?

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about her, I think she is like 18 or something in college but working at this firm part time. I think the pictures she hung were probably her senior pictures becuase they are all outdoors and typical picture-like. I even think there may be a swing involved, ouch. But the picture on her computer is of her singing, it is a close up of her with a mic and maybe trying to hit a high note or something.

It is going to be hard not to laugh and she is right around the corner from my office in a cube. Or rather a half cube. Her cube is really just a desk they added to the side of another cube it is totally open and two attorneys offices are over there, so there are always alot of people walking by her desk.

Some background that I can tell is she is one of those girls at the office that talks alot and tries to be friends with everyone. She gave up on trying to talk to me, thank God, after all I did was mumble to her. It took a week of me just going, "memme" before she stopped.

And no she doesn't look good. She is thick, not fat but too thick you know what I mean and way too much makeup.

Soul Daddy
11-18-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
- People who use speakerphone to dial because they're too lazy to pick up the handset. BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP BEEP...just pick it up!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I hate this. It's like they think they are the only person around.

Oh, and OP. That's just sick.

diebitter
11-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Awww, I'm feeling sorry for her now I know a little about her.

I'll never be hardcore OOT /images/graemlins/frown.gif

11-18-2005, 12:31 PM
No joke man. Annoys the S@#$ out of me. Thankfully I have an office, so they can't just look like they're meandering. They actually have to come in.

On a similar note, this isn't a habit, more of an observation. Do you have anyone in the office that can only relate to you on one topic? Every time you see them, it's the same thing. In my case, it's fantasy football. I wonder if we'd even talk if I didn't have a FF team. "Who should I start this week...Corey Dillon or Duce Staley?" "Who are you starting?" "What defense should I go with?" God forbid you try to talk about something else. I know he does other things, but all I get from him when I change the subject is a short one-line answer. Drives me nuts. Occasionally we can talk about Lobo football and basketball, but inevitably it goes back to FF. I wonder if he'll still be my friend when the season is over.

ScottieK

arod15
11-18-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's Friday, so the guy in the cube across the aisle is clipping his nails. Do it at home!

[/ QUOTE ]
thats gross. My friday routine consitst of not shaving and eating breakfast therby making my arrival to work late. Much better than your guy. FIre him if you above him thats gross....

11-18-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And no she doesn't look good. She is thick, not fat but too thick you know what I mean and way too much makeup.

[/ QUOTE ]

GIR: "Yeeeeeeee I'm gonna be siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick! BLAAAAAAH!"

Keep us posted =)

ScottieK

diebitter
11-18-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GIR: "Yeeeeeeee I'm gonna be siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick! BLAAAAAAH!"

Keep us posted =)

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone ever found that girls that are really poor at makeup are either psycho, really wrong about their self-image (they think they're gorgeous and they really aren't), or both?

11-18-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is so awful and I hope you guys never do this stuff at your offices. ewww.

Miggo
11-18-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have anyone in the office that can only relate to you on one topic? Every time you see them, it's the same thing. ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

There's one guy in our office, he does this. It's nothing but things like, "Do you think I should have made this call, I know I didn't have pot odds, but he'll bet and call a raise on the river, so the implied odds ..... or I was on the bubble in this SnG and I had QJs with only Txxx left in the big blind and ....."

Oh, no, that was me, nevermind.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11-18-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is so awful and I hope you guys never do this stuff at your offices. ewww.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I never knew this was that offensive to some people. Thank you for enlightening me. What makes it so offensive? Is it the sight or the sound? Would it be equally offensive if you were walking by and just saw someone clipping his nails, but you couldn't hear it because his office door was closed? What if you can't see the offender but you can definitely hear it and identify the sound? Now I'm curious.

ScottieK

diebitter
11-18-2005, 01:14 PM
It's deffo got a touch of the chinese water torture about it... just waiting for the next...<CLICK!>

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11-18-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Man, I never knew this was that offensive to some people. Thank you for enlightening me. What makes it so offensive? Is it the sight or the sound? Would it be equally offensive if you were walking by and just saw someone clipping his nails, but you couldn't hear it because his office door was closed? What if you can't see the offender but you can definitely hear it and identify the sound? Now I'm curious.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]
I was gonna say it's mostly the sound. But then I pictured myself walking by your office with the door closed and just seeing you doing this through the window and I'm pretty sure my first thought would be...what the hell?? eww.

so I guess it's not just the sound.

Soul Daddy
11-18-2005, 01:18 PM
You know, I read "clipping his nails" and I never even considered that we're talking about fingernails. I guess because I bite mine, which is probably considerably more disgusting.

diebitter
11-18-2005, 01:19 PM
I'd trade my hoverers for clippers any day. I hate em /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Err, maybe not toenail clippers though /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

coffeecrazy1
11-18-2005, 01:25 PM
There is this one woman who consistently asks me about the Cowboys game(I live in Dallas), despite me never having expressed an interest in the Cowboys and generally having a loathing for all Dallas sports teams, being a diehard Houston sports teams fan(I was born and raised there).

I give her a pass, though, because I think she's mentally challenged(literally, not just being mean).

11-18-2005, 01:36 PM
I've never been bothered by others clipping theirs in front of me. Maybe this will clarify my clipping habit. I'm a reformed biter. I used to bite my nails until they would bleed. Now I'm a picker / obsessive clipper. If I've got something to pick at, I'll clip it off immediately because I'm afraid I'll just bite it off...along with the rest of all my fingernails.

Okay, so I'll make more of an effort to clip them at home...maybe in the morning before I go to work. Thank you.

diebitter - yes, I'd much prefer clippers to hoverers. Didn't think of toenail clipping at work...that would be interesting lol.

Here's another semi-annoying office habit: people who take their shoes off under their desk while they're talking to you. I can understand occasionally taking your shoes off to rub your feet or get some air or whatever....when you're alone. But if I'm right there? Pretty please. With sugar on top. Keep your F@#$ing shoes on.

ScottieK

drewjustdrew
11-18-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know, I read "clipping his nails" and I never even considered that we're talking about fingernails. I guess because I bite mine, which is probably considerably more disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only consider biting nails disgusting if I can hear your teeth hit together. I have strong sensitivity toward audio. I once sat in a meeting with 3 other people and 2 of them were doing it. It didn't bother me a bit. I noticed only cuz I wonder what people think when they see me biting mine.

Another thing I hate is when girls file their nails in my car. Thanks for the nail dust!

11-18-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is this one woman who consistently asks me about the Cowboys game(I live in Dallas), despite me never having expressed an interest in the Cowboys and generally having a loathing for all Dallas sports teams, being a diehard Houston sports teams fan(I was born and raised there).

I give her a pass, though, because I think she's mentally challenged(literally, not just being mean).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very comical. Dallasites suck.

Shajen
11-18-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you live in Ga? Do you work at Lindbergh?

No?

Whew.

CollinEstes
11-18-2005, 02:07 PM
Ok boys I am at work now, homegirl is gone right now, hopefully for lunch. I am just hoping she is working today because she works PT and has funky hours. I will report back if she makes it.

bosoxfan
11-18-2005, 02:11 PM
I wish I could show up to work at 1. bastard

CollinEstes
11-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah but I get paid what I deserve.

MoreWineII
11-18-2005, 02:32 PM
I sit next to a girl who a.) gets up from her desk every 2 minutes b.) must have a non-work-related conversation at least one person on every away-from-desk trip c.) spends 99% of her time on the phone when she is at her desk.

diebitter
11-18-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok boys I am at work now, homegirl is gone right now, hopefully for lunch. I am just hoping she is working today because she works PT and has funky hours. I will report back if she makes it.

[/ QUOTE ]

AND THEN?

AND THEN?

CollinEstes
11-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Oh [censored], I forgot....

No she isn't here today we will have to postpone till Monday.

Rduke55
11-18-2005, 05:47 PM
There's a guy in my lab that clips his TOENAILS in lab.

Aloysius
11-18-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Who does that?

[/ QUOTE ]

A co-worker of mine (an attorney, female) - also does this. She has a clear mat on her desk that her optical keyboard and mouse lie on, and undereneath... a big fat headshot of herself! Pics all around office also. Not that hot - pics would merely dissapoint (not that I could get them...)

Disgusting Habit - Water Cooler Related

Some people refill used Fiji or Arrowhead water bottles at the water cooler. (I use a Nalgene water bottle.) Because the neck of these bottles is so narrow, they oftentimes just stick the opening right up to the top of the dispenser, covering / touching it. WTF. Apparently one time there was lipstick around the dispenser.

diebitter
11-18-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's a guy in my lab that clips his TOENAILS in lab.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got to admire his balls.

I fact, you probably can't help it if he puts his foot on the benchtop to do it.

11-18-2005, 06:02 PM
That sucks man. Monday then. We'll be eagerly waiting.

diebitter - I find that girls who put on too much makeup know they're not pretty and overcompensate. The results are nasty. Plus they're usually psycho.

ScottieK

diebitter
11-18-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That sucks man. Monday then. We'll be eagerly waiting.

diebitter - I find that girls who put on too much makeup know they're not pretty and overcompensate. The results are nasty. Plus they're usually psycho.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, I definitely get the impression they think they look really great, but it's been a while since I encountered a true coco the clown. Any other views, OOTers?

CollinEstes
11-18-2005, 06:07 PM
I opinion is probably not good becuase I live WAY south and the girls down her start wearing makeup at like age 3. But I find that 90% of girls that wear too much makeup think that the makeup makes them look good and without it they think they look like crap. Normally they look like crap both ways, so for me it is like "well at least she knows and is trying to do something about it."

NoChance
11-18-2005, 06:08 PM
The thing that bothers me most at the office is the sound of typing. SOme people type so fast and have loud clicking keyboards that I can't focus on anything but that noise. In fact, it's one of the reasons I choose to work from my laptop at work instead of plugging in a keyboard. I just can't stand that noise. There are even several commercials on TV that use the "typing" sound and when those commercials come on I change the channel. I wear headphones at work and turn it up pretty load so I can focus and actually get things done. I've been caught swearing under my breath when someone not far away is typing like mad and I can't focus.

It's probably just me but I hate it. Why can't they make quiet keyborads?

11-18-2005, 06:28 PM
LOL I knew there had to be someone out there doing this. THAT I would have a big problem with. What does he do with the clippings, or are you throwing up at this point?

ScottieK

gmrankin
11-18-2005, 06:44 PM
working... i hate when my work interferes with my 2+2 and other such wastes of time...

gamblore99
11-18-2005, 11:42 PM
There is this one guy who defecates himself. Then he sticks his hand in and grabs some feces and smears it all over his body.

BadBoyBenny
11-19-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
- People who don't get their print jobs after they print. So when I go to get my print job, it's mixed in with all this old stuff. Why did they even bother to print it if they're not going to use it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am notoriously bad about this. I will forget I printed something for days at a time.

masse75
11-19-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The thing that bothers me most at the office is the sound of typing. SOme people type so fast and have loud clicking keyboards that I can't focus on anything but that noise. In fact, it's one of the reasons I choose to work from my laptop at work instead of plugging in a keyboard. I just can't stand that noise. There are even several commercials on TV that use the "typing" sound and when those commercials come on I change the channel. I wear headphones at work and turn it up pretty load so I can focus and actually get things done. I've been caught swearing under my breath when someone not far away is typing like mad and I can't focus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can deal with regular typing, but I can't deal with people using HPC (hunt-peck-curse), or typing with two fingers because they never learned. You hear "CLICK...CLICK...CLICK...WHAM!!!!" when they hit the spacebar.

Oh, nailclipping sucks as well. My boss does it. I tried to start a thread on "Boss is a Moron. Advice?" but only got one response.

smb394
11-19-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every building at my company is just a giant floor with desks everywhere (no cubes). You'd have to hear everyones' keyboards, desk phones, cell phones, every single noise. Apparently they did a study a few years back and determined that workers are distracted on average every 10 seconds. I guess they feel that managerial oversight is more important.

What kills me is that the same people always have their cell phones going off and laugh about it. I can understand not turning off the ringer here and there, but some ignorants [censored] never do.

Oh yeah, and repeatedly being trained to do something, and taking notes...and not having a goddamn clue every time...then hovering while watching me do something.

IggyWH
11-19-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On a similar note, this isn't a habit, more of an observation. Do you have anyone in the office that can only relate to you on one topic? Every time you see them, it's the same thing. In my case, it's fantasy football. I wonder if we'd even talk if I didn't have a FF team. "Who should I start this week...Corey Dillon or Duce Staley?" "Who are you starting?" "What defense should I go with?" God forbid you try to talk about something else. I know he does other things, but all I get from him when I change the subject is a short one-line answer. Drives me nuts. Occasionally we can talk about Lobo football and basketball, but inevitably it goes back to FF. I wonder if he'll still be my friend when the season is over.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Smart people like myself do this to annoy the crap out of people that they don't like without being too obvious. I ask this guy at work the same thing everyday (when I purposely know the answer is always no) and he gets visibly pissed each time.

He probably thinks I'm retarded, but I get a good laugh out of it each day. Others have caught on that I do this and they purposely come around me when I do this just so they can join in on the fun that I have.

I'm just an office bitchboy so I have to use intelligent warfare to stick it to the man.

Probably the thing that bothers me the most is the offices around me, the people always talk on speaker phone and never close their door. Is it that hard to close your door if you want to be loud as hell?!?!

JustSomeJackass
11-19-2005, 02:18 AM
I have an older (probably mid-60's) lady in my office that clears her throat once every few minutes. Not regular quiet clearing coughs either...big, multi-syllable, phlegm-containing ones. So annoying, you can't concentrate on anything else. Some days it is 5-notes at a time, and sometimes even 6 or 7 on a "good" day. I got $20 at 3-1 that she chokes on her own saliva within the next year.

JSJ

diebitter
11-19-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got $20 at 3-1 that she chokes on her own saliva within the next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I bet you'll beat her to death with a keyboard first?

drewjustdrew
11-21-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh [censored], I forgot....

No she isn't here today we will have to postpone till Monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump. Is this going to happen?

bosoxfan
11-21-2005, 05:36 PM
As soon as he gives me her addy.

diebitter
11-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Oh come on, people!

11-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Oh yeah, almost forgot...would be even better if we could get a scan of one of the photos. Then we'd e-mail it back to her =)

ScottieK