PDA

View Full Version : scrolling up and down

11-18-2005, 10:01 AM
How can I get my screen to be able to scroll up and down.
My computer expertise is zero.
Thanks in advance.

BluffTHIS!
11-18-2005, 12:14 PM
That is what the wheel on the mouse between the two buttons is for. Or you can use the keyboard up/down arrow keys for same. Or you can use the keyboard page up/down keys.

11-20-2005, 12:49 PM
No, I mean the screen itself.
To make it bigger,up down and sideways.
I know it can be done but have no idea how to do it.

smoore
11-20-2005, 01:13 PM
You're talking about "virtual screen resolution". X11 was notorious for doing this because it would use a 640x480 desktop but the default driver would only do 480x230 or something (no longer a problem). I guess windows would automatically do it if you set the desktop resolution higher than what your hardware could support. I can't think of a reason to do it though, it's a PITA.

11-20-2005, 05:35 PM
well I don't know what a pita is.
Why I would want to do it is because I would be able to fit 4 tables without the 1900*1200 resolution.

CORed
11-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Some video drivers allow a virtual resolution bigger than bigger than screen resolution, some don't. I don't really think it helps much for multi-tabling. Part of all but one of your tables is still hidden. It's just off the edge instead of covered by another table, so you need to dreg your mouse to move the screen to see it instead of just clicing on the window or taskbar button. In general, I agree with the poster who said it's a
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
p i t a
a n h s
i e s
n
</pre><hr />

11-21-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm confused,but thanks anyway.
You see I have no idea of codes.
It would of helped me because I would not have to see all the table,but just be able to get to the option buttons.
I thought it would be an easy procedure.

Nomad84
11-21-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You see I have no idea of codes.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was trying to tell you that PITA stands for Pain In The Ass. I initially thought this was a bad idea, however, it seems to me that if you don't have the ability to run true 1600x1200 resolution, then this might be better than just dealing with the overlap. I mean, yeah, 3 tables are partly off the screen, but mousing to the edge of the screen is a quick way to get where it's visible. Even so, I've heard people talk about a program that activates a window when you mouse over it. That would probably be a much better solution to the problem. Hope you come up with something that works for you.

splashpot
11-21-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well I don't know what a pita is.
Why I would want to do it is because I would be able to fit 4 tables without the 1900*1200 resolution.

[/ QUOTE ]
The reason no overlap is good is that you can see all the tables at the same time and sort of keep track of all of them. You can sort of get a sense of what's going on at each table.

11-21-2005, 11:40 PM
PITA lol

OK thanks guys,at least I've learnt something new.