PDA

View Full Version : Would this taste good?

istewart
11-18-2005, 02:26 AM
I have no idea how to cook anything but awhile back I wanted chocolate chip cookies and was thinking of making the following.

Put like 1/4 stick of butter in a bowl.
Add a lot of white sugar.
Add a little brown sugar.
A few drops of vanilla.

"Stir" it up, maybe add water.

Would this taste good? If not, what can I do that doesn't involve an oven or egg-beater to make it awesome?

PoBoy321
11-18-2005, 02:28 AM
You do realize that it's just going to be a stick of butter covered in sugar, right?

PM Tony Paladino for help.

istewart
11-18-2005, 02:28 AM
Yeah kinda, but isn't that essentially what a cookie is, minus egg? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

MrPokerPants
11-18-2005, 02:29 AM
I'm no pastry chef, but I think you need some flour or something.

istewart
11-18-2005, 02:30 AM
Damnit.

Well, so this wouldn't taste good?

handsome
Yes, it would be fantastic. So fantastic that you should give it a whirl and give us a trip report + pics.

PoBoy321
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah kinda, but isn't that essentially what a cookie is, minus egg, flour, baking soda and a decent amount of preparation ? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. In reality though, making cookies isn't hard at all. You can always get those slice and bake things that pillsbury makes, they're pretty good. Even if you wanted to bake your own, it's not tough.

istewart
STFU Wang Chung.

istewart
11-18-2005, 02:31 AM
I don't really want cookies as much as the cookie batter. I like eating that stuff right after the egg has been put in. So is all I need butter/sugar/vanilla/egg? Milk? Flour?

diebitter
11-18-2005, 02:33 AM
Might be nice on bread??

istewart
11-18-2005, 02:34 AM
It's not a crumpet you [censored].

diebitter
11-18-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not a crumpet you [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest anal infusion of the ingredients. I know that'll make speaking difficult for you though /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PoBoy321
11-18-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't really want cookies as much as the cookie batter. I like eating that stuff right after the egg has been put in. So is all I need butter/sugar/vanilla/egg? Milk? Flour?

[/ QUOTE ]

You really need the whole shibangabang. Sugar is considered a liquid, so without the flour, you'd be drinking it and I don't think that's what you want.

Here's a recipe (http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/108703) from a great cooking site if you're interested, but if you just want the dough, buy the slice and bake (it comes in like a stick, you can probably get it at a convenience store) and eat that.

astroglide
11-18-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm no pastry chef, but I think you need some flour or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. i like your name too. i hope you turn out well.

11-18-2005, 03:32 AM
if you cook the sugar very not, it will caramelize. Then add the butter, and some milk/cream if you have it. Bingo, you have caramel. (or toffee for the brits)

UCF THAYER
11-18-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just buy cookie dough and eat it?
Is there something i'm missing?

Ulysses
11-18-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea how to cook anything but awhile back I wanted chocolate chip cookies and was thinking of making the following.

A few drops of vanilla.

Would this taste good? If not, what can I do that doesn't involve an oven or egg-beater to make it awesome?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you were thinking that if you were to go to the effort of mixing up the butter/sugar/vanilla mixture and putting it into the oven, it would quite possibly transform into chocolate chip cookies?

OOT never ceases to amaze me.

PoBoy321
11-18-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there something i'm missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I get what he means. When you're baking, right after you mix the egg in with the flour and everything, it has a really specific texture, which is what I think he's looking for.

Still, you're gonna need the flour and everything else.

Dominic
11-18-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

A few drops of vanilla.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you retarted? No, seriously...are you?

Go BUY some cookies, Gomer.

tonypaladino
11-18-2005, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tonypaladino
11-18-2005, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that it's just going to be a stick of butter covered in sugar, right?

PM Tony Paladino for help.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said 1/4 stick, not 4 sticks. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11-18-2005, 07:42 AM
cookie dough rockerz your boxerz /images/graemlins/grin.gif

but in all honesty yeah coockie dough ice-cream and well just takeing a taste of the dough while bakeing cookies is great.

but like the saying goes "you dont offer the fat kid a cookie, you just give it to him" /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The Truth
11-18-2005, 07:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A few drops of vanilla.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you were thinking that if you were to go to the effort of mixing up the butter/sugar/vanilla mixture and putting it into the oven, it would quite possibly transform into chocolate chip cookies?

OOT never ceases to amaze me.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you are saying it WON'T be cookies. right?

blake

11-18-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

Lazymeatball
11-18-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

but in all honesty yeah coockie dough ice-cream and well just takeing a taste of the dough while bakeing cookies is great.

but like the saying goes "you dont offer the fat kid a cookie, you just give it to him" /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is to Astroglide.
Can you force this guy to change his avatar as it is already taken? Also, I'm not sold on "Rockerz your Boxerz" comment. Keep an eye on him.

BoogerFace
11-18-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what can I do that doesn't involve an oven or egg-beater to make it awesome?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000093HYL.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

swede123
11-18-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah kinda, but isn't that essentially what a cookie is, minus egg, flour, baking soda and a decent amount of preparation ? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. In reality though, making cookies isn't hard at all. You can always get those slice and bake things that pillsbury makes, they're pretty good. Even if you wanted to bake your own, it's not tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best suggestion. Specifically, get the Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chunk frozen dough. Turn the oven to bake/350 degrees and immediately put in the dough clumps (don't wait for it to reach the temp). Let it sit for 8-10 minutes and then grab the cookies, which will be very doughy and pretty much awesome. This is at 5,000 feet with a crappy old oven, you probably won't need to go for the full 8-10 mins at sea level or if you have a decent oven.

Swede

Shajen
11-18-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best suggestion. Specifically, get the Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chunk frozen dough. Turn the oven to bake/350 degrees and immediately put in the dough clumps (don't wait for it to reach the temp). Let it sit for 8-10 minutes and then grab the cookies, which will be very doughy and pretty much awesome. This is at 5,000 feet with a crappy old oven, you probably won't need to go for the full 8-10 mins at sea level or if you have a decent oven.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm amazed about two things here:

1) this topic came up in OOT

2) you felt the need to post how to make [censored] cookies.

(and you're actually right, this threaded needed the instructions, apparently. I feel ashamed for OOT today)

astroglide
11-18-2005, 06:00 PM
i'm on it