PDA

View Full Version : 10/20: Flopped tripps with AT

AceHiStation
11-18-2005, 02:10 AM
Been playing a while at the table, shown down a couple bad hands, have a real LAGGY image. I've triple-pot-bet several hands, been called down with one that was a flopped nut straight. Do you continue to bet tripps with top kick and A-high flush redraw, or check behind on turn to induce action?
-Ace

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Button ($2435)
SB ($4480)
BB ($500)
Hero ($5242)
UTG+1 ($3012.92)
MP1 ($1670)
MP2 ($4488.50)
CO ($765.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $80</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $70, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($180) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $150</font>, SB calls $150.

Turn: ($480) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ????

Allinlife
11-18-2005, 02:11 AM
you guys are too deep

I think check is in order

11-18-2005, 02:48 AM
it really depends on your opponent. youve described your image as loose and aggresive, so he may have called with the last ten hoping to reraise you later on. would he have called with just the flush draw or reraised you with the draw? a call on the flop is very fishy for a big draw on a loose and agressive player, unless he has seen you pay out big to a flush. i mean what other possibilities are there. k10 down to j10. and possibly JQs. have you ever seen him cold call with the intention of stealing with a big move on the turn or river? if so, i think JQs and the boat is all you really have to worry about. i say bet again. edit: after reading the other posts, i say check.

ShortySaurus
11-18-2005, 02:52 AM
tough spot....i think i check....

PoBoy321
11-18-2005, 03:04 AM
I check behind, it'll induce a bluff a decent amount of time and there really aren't a lot of cards you don't want to see on the river, but villain could easily be trying for a check/raise with the flush.

stealyourface
11-18-2005, 04:30 AM
I almost always check here.

I love these types of hands when you hit the A on the river and they bet and you raise and they just can't give you any credit.

technologic
11-18-2005, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Been playing a while at the table, shown down a couple bad hands, have a real LAGGY image. I've triple-pot-bet several hands, been called down with one that was a flopped nut straight. Do you continue to bet tripps with top kick and A-high flush redraw, or check behind on turn to induce action?
-Ace

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Button ($2435)
SB ($4480)
BB ($500)
Hero ($5242)
UTG+1 ($3012.92)
MP1 ($1670)
MP2 ($4488.50)
CO ($765.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $80</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $70, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($180) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $150</font>, SB calls $150.

Turn: ($480) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ????

[/ QUOTE ]

bet here, sb calls, then bet river, sb folds, the most likely outcome when betting and sb calling, no?

checking here, then calling/raising as you see fit sb bet yields same result, maybe better than afore mentioned.

betting here, then getting cred would suck, esp since you're probably live.

you don't lose much by checking, and you can catch up on the river when behind.

GoodTiMes
11-18-2005, 08:57 AM
metagame suffers greatly by checking

flawless_victory
11-18-2005, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
oh no!
whatever will we do?!!

flawless_victory
11-18-2005, 09:03 AM
yo aceHI...
there is absolutely no way we can answer this w/out knowing who the villain is.
the question is, do you still want to play a big pot?
can u still win if u play a big pot (UI)?

this is prob a check even though your a big fav to have the best hand right there.

if u like, PM this guys handle and i might be able to give u some better advice.

xorbie
11-18-2005, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree. The ability to check behind here and call the river no matter what falls (and raise some rivers) protects future checks with marginal hands where you don't want villain potting it into you on the river.

The Truth
11-18-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree. The ability to check behind here and call the river no matter what falls (and raise some rivers) protects future checks with marginal hands where you don't want villain potting it into you on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree hugely with this.

fsuplayer
11-18-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

care to enlighten us dark and unknowning souls?

NLfool
11-18-2005, 11:44 AM
I bet if he is any kind of thinking player. You've got the Ah and the board is paired he isn't going crazy with a non nut flush and the board is paired. I'm happy to get more money in this spot even if he chkr me (the caveat is he is a thinking player) I can move him off of any hand except the full.

The reason I'd bet is my trip T, A kicker and A high flush. I think you should be getting some more value out of this hand, than simply chk the turn. What if he has a T no heart, 20% of the time you'll get no action on the river

AceHiStation
11-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Well, I had been betting out nearly every street when given the chance to, so I went ahead and bet $300 thinking surely I would get a call... surely enough villain folded. I think villain probably didn't have much here and was contemplating taking the pot away from me on the turn? Anyways, after betting I realized how much I liked check behind on turn to induce river bluff as that's most likely the only way I'm getting more money in unless he has a T.
-Ace

unlucky513
11-18-2005, 12:30 PM
what do you do if villain raises the turn?? say he makes it ~$1000...

ShortySaurus
11-18-2005, 03:21 PM
I think you are probably ahead here most of the time......i think a check is fine.....but after thinking about it i think a bet is better.....its a really awkward spot thats for sure........i think if you are going to bet make it 2/3 the pot.....if he check raises you....well.....i dont know honestly but you are live for sure.....the thing is i dont think villain is check raising here without anything but a fullhouse so betting is actually the better move imo. So I think betting turn checking behind a blank river is good. You won't get much action on river if u check behind too which is why im leaning towards betting.