PDA

View Full Version : AKs Double donked

11-18-2005, 02:06 AM
Evaluate. Note I was going for the checkraise on the river thats why I didnt VB.

Reads: UTG 49/16/1
UTG+1 68/10/2

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (11.00 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (17.00 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks.

Final Pot: 17.00 BB.

11-18-2005, 02:34 AM
Preflop, flop, turn all cool.

I think it might be best to either bet/call or bet/fold this river, and I'm leaning toward bet/call. UTG looks in over his head and we want to get his easy money (considering his PF raise, it's very unlikely he rivered trips, so we probably have him beat). If UTG+1 raises, the pot size and extra overcall money from UTG likely makes it worth calling just on the idea that UTG+1 has a huge busted draw or AQ. I think C/Ring here will both knock out dead money and get us 3-bet more times than we want.

Guessing UTG+1 had AJ and simply was scared by possible trips.

Nick Royale
11-18-2005, 02:35 AM
I like how you played this hand, but I wouldn't check/raise the turn unless you have a read on UTG+1 as a maniac.

Nick Royale
11-18-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it might be best to either bet/call or bet/fold this river, and I'm leaning toward bet/call. UTG looks in over his head and we want to get his easy money (considering his PF raise, it's very unlikely he rivered trips, so we probably have him beat). If UTG+1 raises, the pot size and extra overcall money from UTG likely makes it worth calling just on the idea that UTG+1 has a huge busted draw or AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is being result oriented. We'll still get raised a lot and we have no reason to suspect UTG+1 won't bet this river for us and we'll then be able to call and get UTG to overcall.

[ QUOTE ]
I think C/Ring here will both knock out dead money and get us 3-bet more times than we want.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed.

11-18-2005, 03:03 AM
My thoughts were basicly that UTG might have AJ and a check raise when the board paired may scare him, especially with the maniac liable to make it 3. I wasnt nearly as concerned about the maniac since he was being his usuall crazy self. Probably too tricky for these players.

silkyslim
11-18-2005, 03:12 AM
vnh. way to adjust your play to your opponent. i would recommend putting a note on this guy that says he likes to take free showdowns. i have seen maybe 2-3 LAGs like this in the past week. they go nuts with marginal hands then check through the river. gotta smell this out and start donking.

sy_or_bust
11-18-2005, 04:13 AM
don't checkraise the river. if utg+1 bets just call, and collect an overcall.

11-18-2005, 04:18 AM
Get real, there is absolutely no way that UTG is folding AJ on the river.

11-18-2005, 02:11 PM
I think others have been saying this in a variety of ways, but I too, don't like the idea of the river c/r that much. With the way you have played this hand I think he will only bet a hand that you are going to lose to, e.g. AJ. He'll either call your c/r or make it 3 and you will realize you just spewed. If you are that confident you are ahead, bet/call the river.

And like someone else said, make a note he likes to take free SD's so you can value bet against him in the future.