PDA

View Full Version : Middle pair hands

11-18-2005, 01:42 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG folds.

River: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Am I playing these hands correctly?

benkath1
11-18-2005, 01:47 AM
Any reads?

hand one looks ok.

hand two, OTOH. If you had 3-bet preflop, would you have been able to buy the button? If so, I like that better than cold calling. It's not a huge mistake, but might make the hand play easier. I would rather bet that flop, than call CO's bet. I would also rather raise the turn, than call down.

Aaron W.
11-18-2005, 02:15 AM
I don't like the raise in hand 1 unless you have a read to suggest that you're ahead. Villain bet into a large field. You have a strong second pair, but it's only second pair and not top pair.

In the second hand, I would raise preflop. Not open-raising from 3 off the button and closer is bad. As it played out, I'm not sure I can call the river without a read to suggest villain is aggro. Even if he was pumping a flush draw, you're sunk. More likely, you've been chasing from the beginning.

11-18-2005, 03:04 AM
I think you have to raise preflop in hand 2. You're 2 off the button and it has been folded around to you. I really don't like limping in late position when you are first to enter the pot. The hand plays different from that point on.