PDA

View Full Version : AA2 8b hand for review

CallYNotRaise06
11-18-2005, 12:47 AM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.25 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

Hero: $31.75
Seat 4: $18
Seat 5: $17.50
Seat 6: $43.75
Seat 7: $48.64
Seat 8: $50.48

3rd Street - (3.00 SB)

Hero: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___completes___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___calls___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___raises___calls lag
Seat 8: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

4th Street - (19.00 SB)

Hero: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

5th Street - (11.50 BB)

Hero: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

6th Street - (14.50 BB)

Hero: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

River - (17.50 BB)

Hero: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___checks

Total pot: (17.50 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $16.75 | Rake: $0.75

Hero: [ As 2s Ad 5h Ah Qh 4d ] [ three of a kind, aces -- As,Ad,Ah,Qh,5h ]

Seat 5: [ Qs Kh 2d 6s 3h 4c Ts ] [ high card king -- Kh,Qs,Ts,6s,4c ]

Seat 7: [ 4h 5c 3s 9c 7d 9h Jc ] [ a pair of nines -- Jc,9c,9h,7d,5c ]

benwood
11-18-2005, 01:10 AM
Nice hand. You played it perfectly, imho. I feel that the 6th st bet is correct. I wouldn't give up the lead & show weakness in this huge pot. And on the river it's time to check & call, if needed. They're not going anywhere now.

bigredlemon
11-18-2005, 01:43 AM
If this wasn't a loose over ante game, I would almost certainly check 6th.

Andy B
11-18-2005, 02:24 AM
What does the ante have to do with checking sixth? He's looking at a really scary board. I would probably check, unless I knew what that guy was capable of playing....

Andy B
11-18-2005, 02:27 AM
You did well to pound the pot early and often. I would probably check sixth. When he fails to raise sixth, it either means that he doesn't have the straight or he's trying to keep the third man in. I'd be inclined to bet the river, as there are only three Fives for him to catch to beat you.

TheSalche
11-18-2005, 04:28 AM
i don't really play 8/b but it seems like betting 7th hoping to get a call from the pair of 9s (or better) to get another bet in there, are we really that scared of seat 5 having the straight?

goofball
11-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Having arrived at the river knowing waht you know I think you have to bet it.