PDA

View Full Version : $6.50 Turbo Stars SNG

11-18-2005, 12:06 AM
comments on this hand would be much appreciated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t6825)
Hero (t4480)
Button (t4615)
SB (t7570)
BB (t6315)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t4405</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls t3805, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t8510) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t8510) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t8510) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t8510

11-18-2005, 12:09 AM
I'm pushing lots of stuff in this spot. AKs is easily in my range here. Sorry he had the Queen?

I'm confused: is this a 27 person SNG? Don't have my calc to check chip totals.

bluefeet
11-18-2005, 12:12 AM
Push those cards, and any of these: 22+,A2+,K2+,Q2+,J2+,T2+,92+,82+,72+,62+,52+,42+,32

11-18-2005, 12:13 AM
he had 99
it was a 45 person turbo sng

bluefeet
11-18-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he had 99

[/ QUOTE ]

poop happens. you have 4bb's, opening the action, an extreme equality in chips at play (FE). this is both a rare and marvelous opportunity to push substandard hands (even the like of AKs!).

durron597
11-18-2005, 12:20 AM
Very clear allin, sorry the you missed the coinflip.

11-18-2005, 12:21 AM
I felt okay about in when i went to bed last night.
but the more i though about it, i had just came up from like 800 over the last 2 hands was forced to gamble with substandard all in hands both times. i just wonder if he makes the call if i limp then push... i dunno... do you think thats an auto call still with 99 on the flop (if he didnt push his 99 PF)

FlyWf
11-18-2005, 01:03 AM
I think he's calling with 99 on that flop and he's pushing preflop.

Anyway, you might get better answers for 5 table tournament questions in the Multi-table Tournaments forum.

bluefeet
11-18-2005, 01:05 AM
Hi DS,

You've asked what is an important question to you, and you deserve a little more than a "of course, push dummy" toned reply (from me). It's obvious from your first batch of posts, that you are genuine in your desire to improve your game (vs. the all too common, not so well disguised bad beat post).

Your description of your thought process is a common mistake made starting out - "I've worked so hard to get here, I don't want to screw it up now", or just as realistically "Pushing is scary as hell, I wish I could just hide long enough to make it ITM", or "damn this is a nice hand, I wish I could just show these bastards and kindly ask them to ship over their blinds".

The nature of the STT does not permit you to hold such thoughts - especially at this stage of the game. The blinds WILL increase. Opponents WILL be stealing your blinds. You MUST continue to accumlate chips.

Given the dynamics of this very table, as an observer, you must see that UTG+1 is hurting.

He only has 4BB's left. Another pass through the blinds will leave him 2BB's...and ZERO FE. If he doesn't push this orbit, he'll be forced to a) call with, hopefully a "decent" hand, or b) push with who knows what, looking at a likely 3-way.

He REALLY needs to push this hand to stay on top of the blinds.

Good News: Despite only having 4BB's, NO ONE has has many as 7!! This guy still has a TON of FE. Considering the likelihood of those behind holding a hand that can call an AI are slim.

Fantastic News: Not only does he have FE, but he has woken up to AKs!

You see where we're going. There IS no thought such as "well, this is pretty good, but if this guy has a pair, I wonder if I can get him to fold after seeing a scary flop".

Our #1 weapon is fold equity, followed by fold equity, and finally fold equity.

The opportunity to open here PERIOD is a blessing. You have no choice but to exercise your FE to it's fullest extent - pushing PF. Having done so, your regrets for having not outflipped 99 w/ your AKs shouldn't be any greater than for having pushed 75o into SB's AA.

1) learn to recognize the proper moves
2) MAKE the proper move
3) n/a (the results are of no consequence)

pokerlaw
11-18-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The nature of the STT does not permit you to hold such thoughts - especially at this stage of the game. The blinds WILL increase.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said.

To OP - this hand that you posted is so routine and obvious that it should never be discussed again. The imortant questions occur after you stop being afreaid to go home in last place. (from my reading i gather that is how you play)

pwn!

11-18-2005, 02:20 AM
thanks for the advice

tewall
11-18-2005, 02:34 AM
If you were in the blinds, the sit and go strategy is more interesting. It would be better if you were in the BB, just calling, so you can act first after the flop. The key is to be the first to get all your chips in. That's very important.

You had a fantastic hand for the situation you were in. I think something like 87o might be about the cutoff for going all in here. If anything, this would be too conservative.

11-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Bluefeet- He is ITM already. This isn't a STT (Look at chipstacks). Tchnically this post belongs in MTT, but because it is the final table wth big blinds, this forum is appropriate as well.

If you limped, I would be pushing 99 if I was any stack given at the table. You dont want to call because it's such a large portion of your stack: picking up blinds is around 2k chips, which would increase your stack by 50%. If you won the race, you would be chipleader.

pooh74
11-18-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he had 99

[/ QUOTE ]

2 tables left at this point? You werent ITM yet, correct? Not that any of that matters...all-pf everytime. Just wanted to clarify for the confusion below.

11-18-2005, 05:56 PM
not ITM, there were 2 tables left, 5ppl on 1 table and 6 on the other