PDA

View Full Version : how much action to give with a small flush

catlover
11-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Opponent was more or less unknown. Comments on all streets appreciated.

Online 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

SirFelixCat
11-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Looks fine to me, though the 3-bet on the turn is worrisome, but the c/c on the river seems right.

flawless_victory
11-18-2005, 12:11 AM
blindVSblind the turn is an easy cap and then you betcall the river.

mscags
11-18-2005, 12:19 AM
I'm capping the turn and bet/calling the river. Blind against blind villians range is huge imo.

bobdibble
11-18-2005, 07:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm capping the turn and bet/calling the river. Blind against blind villians range is huge imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

stoxtrader
11-18-2005, 09:46 AM
I agree that you can get to 6 bets in on turn and river here.

Jdanz
11-18-2005, 09:59 AM
I know talking about pre-flop is dangerous here, but really? 53s, the straight and flush are worth almost nothing here and you're out of position.

I'm pretty loose in the blinds and this is an auto-fold for me.

DeeJ
11-18-2005, 10:08 AM
I agree with this unless you know BB is weak in defending his blinds, or you've been folding it into BB on most previous rounds. Unlike the guy with T4o, you can (as in this hand) build big pots with the small flush which recovers some pf EV for you.

stoxtrader
11-18-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know talking about pre-flop is dangerous here, but really? 53s, the straight and flush are worth almost nothing here and you're out of position.

I'm pretty loose in the blinds and this is an auto-fold for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The quality of the PF raise hinges hugely upon the defending standards of the BB. auto-folding this I do not agree wtih

Jdanz
11-18-2005, 10:50 PM
do you agree with auto-fold bvs 80%+ of openents at 30+?

limitholdemshark
11-18-2005, 11:24 PM
at the taj in AC my initials are "CPU".if u ever come to the "TAJ"look me up in the high limit section.i will buy u a steak diner b4 u sit down 2 play at my table.
to do anything other than muck ur hand in this heads up situation with the BB is very weak and shows a maniac type style.tru the bb has a random hand,however how often do u think u will pull ur hand out of the fire when u get 3 bet?very few times and even when u do flop something it dosnt mean u will win everytime.u put urself in the position of winning a small pot(THE BIG BLIND $30)or losing alot of money when u catch a flush and ur opp. has the nut flush which is what i know happend on this hand.
there r so many ways u can lose alot of cash that it dosnt pay 2 play out the hand.muck it and get on 2 another more favorable situation.

kurosh
11-19-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
at the taj in AC my initials are "CPU".if u ever come to the "TAJ"look me up in the high limit section.i will buy u a steak diner b4 u sit down 2 play at my table.
to do anything other than muck ur hand in this heads up situation with the BB is very weak and shows a maniac type style.tru the bb has a random hand,however how often do u think u will pull ur hand out of the fire when u get 3 bet?very few times and even when u do flop something it dosnt mean u will win everytime.u put urself in the position of winning a small pot(THE BIG BLIND $30)or losing alot of money when u catch a flush and ur opp. has the nut flush which is what i know happend on this hand.
there r so many ways u can lose alot of cash that it dosnt pay 2 play out the hand.muck it and get on 2 another more favorable situation.

[/ QUOTE ]Are you real?

flawless_victory
11-19-2005, 10:26 AM
this has got to be a joke, but that line about the steak dinner was funny as hell.

kurosh
11-19-2005, 10:27 AM
Look at all his posts. 114 joke posts?