PDA

View Full Version : spoof accounts - help needed

Surfbullet
11-17-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm not sure what to do in HUSH at this point - there have been 2 spoof accounts in the past week or so,

-baronfish (making fun of baronzues)
-poorosh (making fun of kurosh)

Both have been humorous, but were sharp jabs at the player in question. I deleted the poorosh one because I received a PM from a regular saying that someone had made an unfunny, attacking post on Kurosh (not a friend of kurosh's, just a regular).

Kurosh was on #sstakes in IRC and didn't mind it, he thought it was funny. Some of the regulars wanted it reposted and didn't think it was a big deal.

What's the official take on this? I don't want JoeHUSHer to think it's okay to make spoof accounts mocking well-known posters. How much leeway is appropriate?

Thanks for the help,

Surf

MrWookie47
11-17-2005, 11:57 PM
It's tough, and I think you probably are best just leaving it as a judgment call. If the one being satired doesn't mind, and the forum thinks it's funny, keep it. If it's made with the intent to hurt rather than satire, kill it. If you want, add a note in them that in general, these sorts of posts are taboo. However, in this specific case, the people being satired didn't mind, and the posts were funny. Insulting, unfunny posts will not be tolerated.

Surfbullet
11-18-2005, 12:02 AM
thx.

I thought it was insulting and unfunny. The target and a few others thought it was funny and not a big deal...regulars who weren't friends with them thought it was unfunny and insulting.

Tough call. That looks like a good model to work from.

Surf

B Dids
11-18-2005, 12:03 AM
I thought both were amusing as hell, because bz and kurosh are easy targets, but you can't let those kinds of accounts live. It's just asing for nonsense. Sometimes as mods it's our job to be humorless.

AngryCola
11-18-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes as mods it's our job to be humorless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes... but not always. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif