PDA

View Full Version : flopped set gets counterfeited..where do i get less stupid?

sweet wicking action
11-17-2005, 11:02 PM
criticize every moment of my play?

i had no real reads for this hand..i'd only been at the table with the villain for a few orbits...i had not seen him 3-bet anything preflop before this.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

the checkraise on the flop made me think he'd flopped TPTK or a bigger set than mine. so i slowed down. should i not have?

Turn: (5.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

i figure AK to bet out on this turn, but the checkraise again makes me think, bigger full house, and i want to showdown as cheaply as possible.

River: (9.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

can i fold here for one more bet? if i call, i'm basically praying for a very aggressively played AJ-AQ, or 22-66, right? how stupid is this call?

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Ah Ac (full house, nines full of aces).
Hero has 7s 7h (full house, nines full of sevens).
Outcome: BB wins 11.25 BB. </font>

hobbsmann
11-17-2005, 11:11 PM
not getting more bets in on the flop or turn sucks ass. River blows and there is really no point in calling.

11-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Preflop is good.

As for the flop- you have a set. For the love of god, 3-bet the flop. He's getting cute and you must punish him.

If you do that, the hand plays differently, quite possibly you lead the turn and can maybe get a free showdown after that 9. Hell, even if I play it the way you did I 3-bet the turn. Set = Good.

He probably has AK. KK is a possibility, but you'll see AK here more often than not. I think folding the river isn't awful either- I don't see what he has that you beat. Nasty river.

peterchi
11-17-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
criticize every moment of my play?

i had no real reads for this hand..i'd only been at the table with the villain for a few orbits...i had not seen him 3-bet anything preflop before this.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

the checkraise on the flop made me think he'd flopped TPTK or a bigger set than mine. so i slowed down. should i not have?

[/ QUOTE ]
The only reason to slow down is to encourage him to bet the turn, so that you can pump it there.

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: (5.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

i figure AK to bet out on this turn, but the checkraise again makes me think, bigger full house, and i want to showdown as cheaply as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Gross. 3-bet. All day. Don't be scurrrd.

[ QUOTE ]

River: (9.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

can i fold here for one more bet? if i call, i'm basically praying for a very aggressively played AJ-AQ, or 22-66, right? how stupid is this call?

[/ QUOTE ]
This call is fine. Of course you expect to lose, but he just went for a double check-raise, so you can already pin him as a weirdo. Add that to the fact that you never really showed much strength, and you have an easy call at ~10:1.

11-17-2005, 11:18 PM
without any strong read, I am 3 betting the flop/calling cap on the flop. At this point in time you are behind all of 3 combinations of KK and in a blind defense situation its very very rare to see.

On the turn, I am 3 betting his checkraise. You are behind now K9 and KK and of course, 99. Which isnt much. There is no real reason to slow down, you are ahead of Kx, A9, A7, and everything inbetween.

On the river, now you got shafted. Without a read, calling down is ok, with a read, maybe folding might be better. Given the size of the pot, I am probably folding.

This was played very weakly as if you were scared of monsters underneath the bed. I think the only thing you did correct was betting the turn.

Dont post results too.