PDA

View Full Version : Micro Limit question (no hand)

Sinnister
11-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Whats everyone, I started playing some micro limit stud on party and these games are extremely loose and frustrating. Ive read some stud books and also am reading 7sfap, read the section on loose games, but these games if u check hoping for a raise u usually wont get it. Its very hard to fight for the pot when ur only option is like betting into 7 people and all calling, or checking and ev1 getting a free card. The hands they call with are ridiculous, and can anyone give me some advice on how to adjust?

benwood
11-17-2005, 11:15 PM
The main advice that I can offer you is: Take it easy. Don't let them get you upset. You may go through some swings in this type of game, but with some patience & perserverance things will change. It's a good thing when bad players play badly in your game. Keep making value bets when you believe you have the best hand. Don't give them free cards in these situations. On the other hand,if you have position, they check to you, & you don't think your hand is best, you take the free card.Don't bet their hand for them in this case. Last, don't make any bluffs or semi-bluffs against these guys. I hope this is helpful. Good luck.

preiserone
11-17-2005, 11:20 PM
Keep the bluffing to a minimum and when you have the best hand make them pay to outdraw.

You can call alot more on 3rd with good drawing hands if the game is passive, make big hands and let them pay you off.

Sinnister
11-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Should I not even try steals? the antes are considered high by TOP standards but they never seem to fold.

benwood
11-18-2005, 12:38 AM
I don't ever try to steal from the Sheriff, Myself.(LOL)

Andy B
11-18-2005, 02:17 AM
If they aren't folding, then you can't steal. In very small games, the bottom line is that you're going to have to show down the best hand in order to win.

I assume you're playing the $.50/1.00 game which has a $.25 ante. If it's feasible for you, I recommend either playing $1/2 or playing $.50/1.00 on another site. The ante structure of that game is so out-of-whack that it should skew your perception of how a stud game should be played.

Backstabr
11-18-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
can anyone give me some advice on how to adjust?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet only when you have a good hand. (I.e. Do not bluff or semibluff unless in unusual circumstances.)

That they call you is not a bad thing. They are giving you money. Be grateful.

TheCroShow
11-18-2005, 01:18 PM
i have post it notes on my monitor for those situations, the notes read "Do not bet unless you have the goods" and "PPP" (play perfect poker lol) They are just friendly reminders:

1. these people are UNBLUFFABLE, do not attempt ante steals, DO NOT attempt any bluffs.

2. Even if you are showing xxAKQ or a hand of strength, they will not get the idea you may have A's, K's, Q's, or A's up, K's up, etc...Do not think your check-raise moves will register with them, if they have ANY pair, they are going to showdown because they are playing bingo.

3. Do not reduce your play to their level. Your opening range of hands broaden a lot when it comes to loose tables with many people to a pot, but certainly do not get into the habit of chasing the way the poor players do.

4. Be patient, wait for quality starting hands and they will pay you off.

MyMindIsGoing
11-18-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I assume you're playing the $.50/1.00 game which has a $.25 ante. If it's feasible for you, I recommend either playing $1/2 or playing $.50/1.00 on another site. The ante structure of that game is so out-of-whack that it should skew your perception of how a stud game should be played.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ante on prima on 0.5/1.0 is only 0.05 witch is nice. There are usually 2-4 tables of limit 0.5/1.0 7 card stud going. They also have 5 card stud witch is VERY profitable and easy to beat.