PDA

View Full Version : Astroglide and TStone MBD... some clarifications.

Surfbullet
11-17-2005, 10:31 PM
Astro's quote from that huge thread:
[ QUOTE ]
i received this in a pm from tstone yesterday: im irritated by the things im hearing about you on the mod forums and i dont appreciate whats going on.

i would have voted a solid no before that, but i'm further inclined to think that he shouldn't be a mod because i don't like the idea of things being run by a sewing circle. to whoever it was - if you have a problem with me, please raise it with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I don't give a damn whether Tstone ever becomes a mod. I personally don't think he's a good choice for the job now that i've heard more and thought about it. He admits he wouldn't be a good mod b/c he gets too emotional.

But this is RIDICULOUS.

Tstone IM'd me about a hand in HUSH a few minutes ago. I mentioned to him in passing that it's not cool to be sending PMs to Mods to complain about stuff he might think is happening, as a result of what you said in the big moderator-choice thread.

He says you sent him a belligerent PM first and he was replying to it...this was in response to his "if you're going to stop the creation of mid-stakes i'm going to have to post my 15/30 hands in MH"(paraphrased) comment in the split thread.

Your post makes it look like he's some jackass who randomly PMd you to whine about stuff he was hearing. Way to take things out of context. I'm fuming about this - you COMPLETELY misrepresnted the situation to make him look bad.

It's understandable the guy is going to be frustrated when he's spent days drumming up support for a forum that there is clearly need for and have you come in and

A) try to stop it then
B) send him a condescending PM.

Push anyone hard enough and they are going to react. He was overly dramatic but the comment he made was an afterthought, not even the main thrust of the PM.

He was under the mistaken assumption that you knew all about his open letter and the need for the forum. It doesn't excuse his behavior, but it makes a bit more sense in this light.

As for the "Sewing circle" crap, at the time he said to me "why is astroglide trying to stop a mid forum?" I said, "I dunno, all the mods were cool with it until he said something."

THATS IT.

I shouldn't have even said that much, and i'll keep my mouth completely shut in the future - but it's not like people are gossiping about you, he'd have been confused by anyone opposing what so many people desired. That's some ego you've got there.

Surf

Surfbullet
11-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Okay I talked to another mod who assures me that the post was with the intent of making sure that noone was talking about inner-sanctum mod forum discussions, not to defame Tstone.

Honestly I still feel it has had a negative impact on a poster's reputation due to misperceptions of actual events, but that's just me. I have this moral compass that goes crazy when I see strangers doing mean things to other strangers that leads me to overreact at times. I'm the guy who jumps in the middle of a bar fight to try and break it up and gets his arm broken. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Surf