PDA

View Full Version : AK: I'm reraised, flop is KQT

11-17-2005, 10:06 PM
This is the 6th hand of the SnG. I just raised the same PF limper to 60 on the previous hand w/ AJo. Everyone, including limper, folded. So this time I go w/ 80 PF. After that I'm lost. What should I have done this hand? This is the first hand that the villain has voluntarily entered.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1460)
UTG+1 (t3259)
Hero (t1510)
MP2 (t1530)
CO (t1470)
Button (t1331)
SB (t1440)
BB (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t20, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t80</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t200</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls t120.

Flop: (t450) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t250</font>, Hero calls t250.

Turn: (t950) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1060 (All-In)</font>, CO calls t1020 (All-In).

River: (t3030) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t3030

11-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Is folding pre-flop out of the question? You're going to be out of position, and you shouldn't be facing a worse hand than yours very often.

That flop pretty well sucks for you. You're behind AA/KK/QQ/TT, even with AK, and it's going to be real easy to fold the best hand when you're ahead if villain is aggressive. I think I'd lead the flop, but I don't think you can call if you get raised.

Given your flop action, I'm check-folding that turn. 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (or any other /images/graemlins/spade.gif), I could see pushing.

bluefeet
11-17-2005, 10:15 PM
The dreaded substantial reraise.

Blah...

I'd probably call PF (going broke on an Ace)
Lead that t250 myself
- folding to a raise, giving him credit for AA-TT (JJ ain't so bad either)
- check/folding the turn short of hitting the gut-shot/trips

That turn is the worst card to push IMO. AA-99 crushes you. Your only hope is a smaller pocket pair, or splitting w/ another AK

11-17-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is folding pre-flop out of the question? You're going to be out of position, and you shouldn't be facing a worse hand than yours very often.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I was getting 2.75-to-1.

[ QUOTE ]
That flop pretty well sucks for you. You're behind AA/KK/QQ/TT, even with AK, and it's going to be real easy to fold the best hand when you're ahead if villain is aggressive. I think I'd lead the flop, but I don't think you can call if you get raised.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, I think this would have been better. Actually I was also thinking that check/folding the flop might have been ok too.

11-17-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That turn is the worst card to push IMO. AA-99 crushes you. Your only hope is a smaller pocket pair, or splitting w/ another AK

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, I agree. I play bad. He had JJ &amp; MHING.

tigerite
11-17-2005, 10:26 PM
So does AJ, KQ, QT, KT.. yeah this is a fold on the turn.

By the way if you're feeling brave, you could re-push preflop. I personally wouldn't, but the option is there.

11-17-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

By the way if you're feeling brave, you could re-push preflop. I personally wouldn't, but the option is there.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, I don't think I could reraise someone this early especially with no read. If I reraised PF, am I reraising to get him to fold? If so, then any amount that I could reraise, I think I'd be committed to calling an all-in.

tigerite
11-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Yes that is what I meant, a possibility is a re-raise pf all in as the pot is 300 and that's 20% your stack. But it's very hyper super aggro and he probably will call with his JJ anyway. Just something to have in your arsenal for the odd occasion as it does work against certain opponents.

11-17-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, I don't think I could reraise someone this early especially with no read. If I reraised PF, am I reraising to get him to fold? If so, then any amount that I could reraise, I think I'd be committed to calling an all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you re-re-raise pre-flop, you have to push all-in. You're buying all 5 cards for what will presumably (assuming he doesn't fold, which you would actually prefer, I think) be a showdown vs a PP.

Not that I'd suggest this, normally, since that call-me re-raise villain put out in the first place is often AA/KK, and even when it's not you're rarely folding a better hand from someone willing to re-raise you originally.