PDA

View Full Version : Online 3/6 Hand #2

AlexZee
06-27-2003, 01:01 PM
Same game as Hand #1.

I open raise UTG+1 with K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif, 4 callers incluing the blinds.

Flop:

3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Checked around

Turn:

3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Checked to me, I bet, one MP caller.

River

8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I bet, MP calls.

AlexZee
06-27-2003, 01:06 PM
MP had A9o to take it down.

Schmed
06-27-2003, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't have bet the river. You're basically on a stone bluff and when the guy calls you have to figure him for at least the A. I may have called a bet on the turn, depending on the player, but I would have just checked it on the river. I wouldn't even want to call a bet here but I probably would.

Now I'm certain to read your results and found out that your K was good...... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Homer
06-27-2003, 01:35 PM
Flop - I would have bet out. With this flop, there's a great chance that you are in front, and even if you are behind to something like Ax you might get them to fold immediately or at least set yourself up to take it down on the turn.

Turn - Given that you checked the flop, betting the turn is alright, but once you are called you should DEFINITELY check the river because betting has no value. A better hand will not fold (be it Ace-high or a middle pocket-pair), nor will worse hands call. So, you can either check and fold to a bet, or check-call and hope that your opponent is bluffing with raggedy overcards. I would tend to fold to a bet because most players won't call a big bet on the turn without at least Ace-high (whereas they will on the flop), so when they bet the river you are almost certainly beaten. If you are feeling ballsy (and you think your opponent will lay his hand down), you can check-raise if you think your opponent might be betting with Ace-high.

-- Homer

Lost Wages
06-27-2003, 01:36 PM
Hmmm...With 4 opponents I think checking the flop is best. Hope for a free card to hit one of your overcards or pickup a flush draw. On the turn it's tough for you to represent much other than the board plus Ace, Big. Taking a stab at the pot is OK but once you are called I think you should just check the river. I don't think a worse hand can call and a better hand that called the turn will call again.

Lost Wages

rkiray
06-27-2003, 02:34 PM
Wow,

Normally I would call in ep with KQs, but if you are in a game that has enough loose, bad players that 4 will cold call and not raise, then this is a good play. BTW, where is this game. I want to play that site.

Since you raised preflop I would fire out on the flop, but that's just the way I play. Might not be correct.

Pirc Defense
06-27-2003, 07:18 PM
Hey, AlexZee

I would have bet the flop. Like others mentioned, you might get an A to fold, which is probably your biggest competition right now. Also, I recall S&M saying that you should be more likely to hang around with KQ as your overcards, rather than AK, because more people play Ax than K/Qx. And if you're going to call if someone else's bet, you might as well preemptively bet.

I would bet the river. I'll start my defense of this by saying that I would check if I had an A. With an A I can win a showdown if my opponent is unimproved, but the only way an unimproved K can win this pot is by betting. The MP caller doesn't rate to have any part of that board except perhaps the river 8, but that is not too likely. Any draw he was counting on didn't come about, so a bluff now is peachy. It's the only way to win this pot, most of the time.