PDA

View Full Version : Micro Limit versus small or regular limit

11-17-2005, 09:52 PM
While this addresses Micro limit Mi_T_Sharp are having a debate about whether micro limit games are winnable. I believe they are not, Mi_T_Sharp says they are.

Both of us know the adage that if you can't win a lower limit, then you can't win a higher limit. I believe Micro limits are unwinnable, Mi_T_Sharp disagrees.

Here are my thoughts. Say you are in a nine person table and you have A-A, and everyone before you goes all-in. Should you call? I say no. Although you have the better odds than any particular player, at this point your odds of beating the entire table are less than 50%. So even though you have the best, against the whole table you are destined to lose b/c the other players combined have so many outs.

In other words, my position is that when everyone sees the flop, there is no way to win long term.

We are talking Micro here, $0.25/0.50 and below...we just want your thoughts.

11-17-2005, 09:57 PM
I am not even going to explain myself here. I told Morphball he is so unbeleivably, comletely wrong here, but he won't listen to me. I told him that you will all torch him for this comment, but he will not accept my logic and has now actually posted this on here (and linked my name to this crap). So, go ahead guys (even though you've done this a million times to this same question)....give it to him.

TheHammer24
11-17-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While this addresses Micro limit Mi_T_Sharp are having a debate about whether micro limit games are winnable. I believe they are not, Mi_T_Sharp says they are.

Both of us know the adage that if you can't win a lower limit, then you can't win a higher limit. I believe Micro limits are unwinnable, Mi_T_Sharp disagrees.

Here are my thoughts. Say you are in a nine person table and you have A-A, and everyone before you goes all-in. Should you call? I say no. Although you have the better odds than any particular player, at this point your odds of beating the entire table are less than 50%. So even though you have the best, against the whole table you are destined to lose b/c the other players combined have so many outs.

In other words, my position is that when everyone sees the flop, there is no way to win long term.

We are talking Micro here, $0.25 and below...we just want your thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really understand stand little about poker and the concepts of equity and probability.

Take this example. Let's say that 5 people throw in a dollar and you roll a dice. Let's name the players A, B, C, D, and Hero. A wins if 1 is rolled, B if 2, C 3, D 4, and Hero if either 5 or 6. Hero only has a 33% chance of winning but clearly he should still participate. Do you see why?

pokernicus
11-17-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here are my thoughts. Say you are in a nine person table and you have A-A, and everyone before you goes all-in. Should you call? I say no. Although you have the better odds than any particular player, at this point your odds of beating the entire table are less than 50%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before proceeding, let me say that I'm not even sure whether this is a serious post or just a joke. In either case...

Keep in mind that you're getting 8:1 on your money to call with AA here. So, you don't need to win 50% of the time for this to be profitable; all you have to do is win a little more than 11% of the time here. That seems very attainable.

Microlimits are definitely beatable. You might get drawn out on a lot, but the pots are much bigger to compensate -- so even if you win a small number of them, you'll come out ahead.

11-17-2005, 10:10 PM
This actually is not a joke. Morphball truly beleives this and has for some time. Please teach him why he is so wrong, because I am his friend and he will just not listen to me. I just give up on trying to prove it to him. Even my records that show that I am ahead won't sway him.

shant
11-17-2005, 10:10 PM
The answer is you're wrong and your friend is right and we really don't need to discuss this or bump this thread up with any more replies.

ncboiler
11-17-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

\

[/ QUOTE ]

This arguement in asinine beyond belief