PDA

View Full Version : Advertising my new Clothing Line?

CPSUpoker
11-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Alrightey,

So I'm in the first steps of starting a new clothing line (we're screenprinting at this very moment). I have experience in running a business, but I do not have much experience in doing a great job advertising.

I live in a college town, so our cheapest and first methods of advertising will be:

1. printing out 3982364 stickers. sticking them on everything and everyone we see.

2. printing out 34234 flyers. handing them out to everyone we see and know.

3. paying for a cheap advertisement section in the local newspapers (and campus papers).

Does anyone in this field have any good suggestions of what other methods, albiet cheap at this point, to do?

Thanks

tonypaladino
11-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Interestingly, one of my Management professors was speaking to us today about a clothing line he is starting. He has secured $20 million in investments and hired s former Liz Claiborne executive to manage the line. Starting a business is very hard and expensive. I don't want to discourage you, but you will likely fail.

Tron
11-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Use the internet. Buy facebook advertisements. Make a MySpace profile for your line and friend everyone in the area. You better have a website.

mikeyp
11-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Advertise in facebook... costs like $15 for 3 days. Your advertisments hit only the school you want... its something like 30k views for that small price.

CPSUpoker
11-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Good ideas on Facebook and Myspace.

[ QUOTE ]
You better have a website.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

James Boston
11-17-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3. paying for a cheap advertisement section in the local newspapers (and campus papers).

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't waste your money. Local newspaper readership is generally a much older demographic than you seem to be after.

eviljeff
11-17-2005, 10:17 PM
get a group of hot chicks to wear them (maybe sell them too?) on wherever the main drag on campus is. also, sleep with the hot chicks.

shant
11-17-2005, 10:43 PM
Stickers is a great idea. I'm amazed sometimes when I see stickers I gave away to people stuck in random public places.

Also, you should look into wheatpasting posters. You buy a box of $3 wallpaper paste at Home Depot, it makes 2 full buckets of glue. You print out a bunch of 11x17 posters from a school laser printer and you use a brush to put them up with the glue. Tons of free advertising, but be careful of the cops.

Klepton
11-17-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stickers is a great idea. I'm amazed sometimes when I see stickers I gave away to people stuck in random public places.

Also, you should look into wheatpasting posters. You buy a box of $3 wallpaper paste at Home Depot, it makes 2 full buckets of glue. You print out a bunch of 11x17 posters from a school laser printer and you use a brush to put them up with the glue. Tons of free advertising, but be careful of the cops.

[/ QUOTE ]

good times.

marsvolta619
11-18-2005, 12:41 AM
This isn't threeve clothing is it?

benza13
11-18-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
get a group of hot chicks to wear them (maybe sell them too?) on wherever the main drag on campus is. also, sleep with the hot chicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

any idea involving sleeping with hot chicks has to be a good one.

Landon_McFly
11-18-2005, 04:23 AM
[quote
any idea involving sleeping with hot chicks has to be a good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the one that involves sleeping with the hot chick that is always scratching her pussy.

CPSUpoker
11-18-2005, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very good idea.

[ QUOTE ]
this isn't threeve clothing is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but funny, I am also from San Diego.

We're called Tomfoolery, tell your friends. =)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ooo, this sounds fun. good idea.

CPSUpoker
11-18-2005, 06:01 PM
bumping this one time for any other ideas

AlexSem
11-18-2005, 06:07 PM
for God's sake.

Pay someone a hundred bucks and get a good professional logo.

The one you have right now is beyond horrible. It looks like a scribble by a 10 year old.

I am being this harsh because I am a Graphic Designer and it just hurts my eyes.

I can hook you up with a really good designer or two who'll do it cheap. Let me know.

2+2 wannabe
11-18-2005, 06:25 PM
where do you see the logo?

samjjones
11-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Become a corporate sponsor of the Crimson Challenges (TM).

CPSUpoker
11-18-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for God's sake.

Pay someone a hundred bucks and get a good professional logo.

The one you have right now is beyond horrible. It looks like a scribble by a 10 year old.

I am being this harsh because I am a Graphic Designer and it just hurts my eyes.

I can hook you up with a really good designer or two who'll do it cheap. Let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh god, no, the website in my profile is an old website I had. That's not the same thing. I'll be taking that off now.

If you want to see a work on progress on the website for THIS company, check the link here: http://impulse.klicart.com/clients/Tomfoolery/

Still a lot of tweaking and changing to be done.

jokerthief
11-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Get a web site and market it. This may sound elementary but it will work. The more people that come to your web site, the more sales you will have.

BradleyT
11-19-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If you want to see a work on progress on the website for THIS company, check the link here: http://impulse.klicart.com/clients/Tomfoolery/

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing like wasting 75% of the fold.