PDA

View Full Version : Okay so i screwed this one up but i am unsure where?

sean c
11-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Party 2/4. MP is new to the game 1st or 2nd orbit but he has played every hand so far and played them passivly.

Pre flop: folds to MP who limps, folds to me on the button and i raise 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, SB calls and BB calls.

Flop:(4 players 8sb)A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Checks around.

Turn:(4 players 4bb) 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Checks to me and i bet, SB folds, BB folds and MP calls.

River:(2 players 6bb) 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Checks around

Okay i think the flop check might be as bad as my turn bet and wasn't sure if i had any business firing at the river seeing as how the flush hit but wasn't sure about any post flop street so let me have it.

numeri
11-17-2005, 08:09 PM
I don't know. I'm not brave enough to isolate with T9s, but I think it's pretty sweet. A flop bet would be better if it was A64. With two face cards, I don't think everyone is folding. I just check it down.

Man, I'm weak-tight. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

sean c
11-17-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know. I'm not brave enough to isolate with T9s, but I think it's pretty sweet. A flop bet would be better if it was A64. With two face cards, I don't think everyone is folding. I just check it down.

Man, I'm weak-tight. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have a bunch of hands on this guy but he was shaping up to be isolation material. I guess my main question is the flop because i am pretty convinced the turn bet was crappy.

numeri
11-17-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess my main question is the flop because i am pretty convinced the turn bet was crappy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, with the two face cards there, I don't think everyone is folding. Also, the limper seems to be playing every hand - you can't bluff those bad boys.

Duerig
11-17-2005, 09:11 PM
Against this many opponents, the only reason that I bet the flop would be to maybe take a free card on the turn. Most turns will make your hand pretty bad in this case and you won't mind folding.

I'd check the flop and turn.

shant
11-17-2005, 09:16 PM
The problem with checking this flop for me is that the next time you try to isolate a player, you want to be able to bet the flop with whatever hand you have. However, since the blinds came along, it may not be good to bet this flop since I doubt you fold everyone. I like the turn bet contrary to what others have said. Everyone has checked twice, and you have a lot of outs, including possibly your pair outs. I think the bet is fine.

11-17-2005, 09:22 PM
I dont raise preflop.