PDA

View Full Version : BLDG Elevators, why cant these moe-rons get it right?

jnalpak
11-17-2005, 07:02 PM
You know what really grinds my gears?

My building has 3 elevator wells for 50 floors, my company has two floors at the top of the building so we are the last stall. My stall has FIVE FAST ELEVATORS. It doesnt matter what time of day i go to the elevator or which direction im going, Why at any given moment should i be waiting for an elevator for more then 5minutes when there are FIVE in working condition?

Also, is there a reason i should fear for my life every day i press the 1 button from the top floor? I walk in and press the button and then "OH SH#T", my elevator drops like 5 feet REAL QUICK, my stomach hits my throat, the vator bounces for a second and then goes down...this has been a weekly occurence for the past 3 months....FUKIN SCARY IS RIGHT!

anyone work for a mgmt company or a elevator union? .
Is it that difficult to manage the operation of elevator delivery? Is there anything we can do as a company to have them move more quickly on fixing these things???

HA, as i write this a PSA came over the fire speakers saying that there is a problem with the elevators and they are not working at the moment. OH BOY!!!

daryn
11-17-2005, 07:11 PM
elevators.. harmless

even in the unlikely event that the steel cable snaps, you are still likely to be fine

11-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Elevators do suck. But it beats walking up 50 flights of stairs. I do inspections in skyscrapers and it sucks when I have to go to the 60th floor because typically I have to get off at an intermediary level and get onto another elevator cab to get to the higher levels.

There are two primary types of elevators: Hydraulic lift elevators and pulley elevators. Most people think they are all pulley elevators. I believe the hydraulic elevators are more prone to being in low-rise buildings whereas pulley elevators are more common in high-rise. I could be mistaken.

11-17-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Elevators do suck. But it beats walking up 50 flights of stairs. I do inspections in skyscrapers and it sucks when I have to go to the 60th floor because typically I have to get off at an intermediary level and get onto another elevator cab to get to the higher levels.

There are two primary types of elevators: Hydraulic lift elevators and pulley elevators. Most people think they are all pulley elevators. I believe the hydraulic elevators are more prone to being in low-rise buildings whereas pulley elevators are more common in high-rise. I could be mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is correct: 500 feet of hydraulics would be super expensive, and low story buildings dont have much distance for the hydraulics to cover.