PDA

View Full Version : I think my TT got lucky on this one

checkmate36
11-17-2005, 06:33 PM
PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Villian is rated as an eagle so far using Harv's rules. Not many hands so my read may be off. Its all I have so far in my session.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls.

I wanted to drive out the rest of the players.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Lets see how much he likes his hand.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

May as well keep up the heat. I wonder what hand he held? Maybe AQ and didn't like the K or possibly JJ. I think I was lucky on this one. Any thoughts?

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

shadow29
11-17-2005, 06:41 PM
k.

mmbt0ne
11-17-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls.

I wanted to drive out the rest of the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

And gain value. You have a very strong hand, and you're in position.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (7.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Lets see how much he likes his hand.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

May as well keep up the heat. I wonder what hand he held? Maybe AQ and didn't like the K or possibly JJ. I think I was lucky on this one. Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when he just calls the flop, and quite the ugly flop it was, I think you have to bet the turn. It's an easy fold if he check-raises you. If he calls, I'm not betting any river unless it's a J or T. If he raises a river T, well, then you have quite the dilemma, but I think folding would be the right play.

jaxUp
11-17-2005, 06:47 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! Any exciting plans? I recommend getting drunk and laid.

to op: well played. emembeteazaroni is correct.

11-17-2005, 06:51 PM
I like the 3-bet PF and the continuation on the flop. I think a case can be made for checking the turn though.

11-17-2005, 07:00 PM
I can see checking behind on the turn, but betting is probably better for fold equity, set + gutshot draws, plus possibly having the best hand HU.

I would bet the turn, muck to a turn c/r, and check behind on the river if called on the turn.

I wonder what villian had to pfr UTG to give up on the turn: JJ, AT, AJ? Maybe AQ and he was scared of the pf 3-bet?

Homer315
11-17-2005, 08:03 PM
[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when he just calls the flop, and quite the ugly flop it was, I think you have to bet the turn. It's an easy fold if he check-raises you. If he calls, I'm not betting any river unless it's a J or T. If he raises a river T, well, then you have quite the dilemma, but I think folding would be the right play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're joking about folding the set, right? No way you have such a good read as to allow you to fold that.

11-17-2005, 09:29 PM
At .10/.20 he could have anything.

Greg J
11-17-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the turn, muck to a turn c/r, and check behind on the river if called on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very sound line. Good advice (as usual).

istewart
11-17-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm not so sure it's an easy fold to a turn check/raise. Might be a fold but it seems damn close if it is.

Greg J
11-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Whose birthday is it? Somebody's getting a spanking!

http://www.mcpeepants.com/pics/oglethorpe1.gif

mmbt0ne
11-17-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not so sure it's an easy fold to a turn check/raise. Might be a fold but it seems damn close if it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you're saying, but I don't know. I don't see any hands check-raising this turn except 99, QQ, KQ, and MAYBE AK (KK would almost surely cap). I wouldn't expect it to be AK very often though. If that's true, you're just drawing to gutshot outs pretty often, and getting 7.75:1 isn't good enough for me, even if I expect to get 2 bets in on the river when a J falls.

Ok, as I keep adding hands that he could have, I like a call a lot more.

99 and QQ cancel out, leaving AK and KQ, both of which you would be ahead of with a T or a J. Call away. Call an improved river.

shant
11-17-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's the problem with folding to a turn checkraise. At the point of that checkraise you'll be getting 7.75-1 on your call.

When you get raised, most likely all your J outs are clean because he's more likely to have a set or 2-pair at that point. Based on those hands, your set outs are probably good, but slightly tainted. I'd say you can give yourself 1 out there. So, you've got 5 outs, and you'll need 8.2-1 to call.

It's going to be very close, with implied odds I think you'd have to call. Now that makes this spot really tough, because if you have to call the checkraise, it's going to make betting not as fun.

eviljeff
11-17-2005, 09:50 PM
I'm pretty confident you had the best hand here

checkmate36
11-17-2005, 09:57 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts on this one. If I keep posting hands and helping other posters I may even improve at this game someday. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Greg J
11-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Holy crap I missed the gutshot! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif