PDA

View Full Version : Axs vs AKs

Unabridged
11-17-2005, 06:12 PM
how much less is your suited ace worth when you hold the K of that suit?

the chances of getting someone to pay off or bet into your flush decreases signifigantly, but the benefit of having a K is no where near as high as it is in holdem

11-17-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

the chances of getting someone to pay off or bet into your flush decreases signifigantly, but the benefit of having a K is no where near as high as it is in holdem

[/ QUOTE ]

It probably decreases it a bit, but not all that much unless your opponents dont like to draw to the nuts. I guess it really depends on what the other 2 cards are in your hand. I muck otherwise uncoordinated suited aces from EP all the time (except when I don't) /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Unabridged
11-17-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It probably decreases it a bit, but not all that much unless your opponents dont like to draw to the nuts. I guess it really depends on what the other 2 cards are in your hand. I muck otherwise uncoordinated suited aces from EP all the time (except when I don't) /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i think uncooridinated suited aces are always worth limping, and my VPIP never gets above 30%

joewatch
11-18-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think uncooridinated suited aces are always worth limping, and my VPIP never gets above 30%

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt that this is +EV as you only flop a flush 0.8% of the time, and implied odds are not very good in PLO (vs. NLHE).

Unabridged
11-18-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think uncooridinated suited aces are always worth limping, and my VPIP never gets above 30%

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt that this is +EV as you only flop a flush 0.8% of the time, and implied odds are not very good in PLO (vs. NLHE).

[/ QUOTE ]

you have a 5% chance of getting a flush draw on the flop and you always either have a pair or some kind of connecting cards in your hand(barring hands like A666)

11-18-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think uncooridinated suited aces are always worth limping, and my VPIP never gets above 30%

[/ QUOTE ]

9 outs or 6 outs or 4 outs or whatever you are most likely to flop with this kind of hand is fun and all, but it isn't where the money is.

Playing this crap from EP is a good way to force yourself into making a lot of bad decisions on the flop, IMO.

BluffTHIS!
11-18-2005, 06:04 AM
Having AKs does make the suited ace worth a lot less unless in a very loose game. So that should tip the balance to not playing the hand when the other 2 cards aren't well coordinated with the AK. Similarly, when you have AA, having a K with it doesn't help much at all, but having an A with KK helps a lot.

jomatty
11-18-2005, 11:08 AM
it makes the flush aspects less appealing but also gives you the nut str8 draw esp if you have another broadway card (obv. this is getting into aother category of hand though).
all in all its a less valuable hand but not that substantially so because the straight and top 2 pssibities somewhat offset the fact that no one can make the 2nd nut flush.
this is just my opinion and im not really sure so id be interested in what others think.
matty

11-18-2005, 03:08 PM
I also always limp with any suited ace. I've never really looked at the maths of it, but just because Omaha is a nuts game, and the easiest way to hit the nuts is via a suited ace, in my opinion.

BluffTHIS!
11-18-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also always limp with any suited ace. I've never really looked at the maths of it, but just because Omaha is a nuts game, and the easiest way to hit the nuts is via a suited ace, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's often hell to draw for out of position with nothing else with it. Especially when you hit it on the turn and the board pairs on the river and there is lots of money left to bet and you have to blink first.

11-18-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But it's often hell to draw for out of position with nothing else with it. Especially when you hit it on the turn and the board pairs on the river and there is lots of money left to bet and you have to blink first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus, it's by far the most obvious nut hand of all making it much more difficult to get paid off even when you hit.