PDA

View Full Version : interesting KK hand in a $33

wiggs73
11-17-2005, 05:47 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

UTG (t4610)
UTG+1 (t6852)
Hero (t2205)
MP2 (t4695)
MP3 (t3255)
CO (t4687)
Button (t1558)
SB (t2749)
BB (t2458)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls t325, BB calls t250.

Flop: (t1200) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t800</font>, SB calls t800, BB folds.

Turn: (t2800) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t2800) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t500</font>, SB calls t500.

Final Pot: t3800

Pre-flop and flop are standard I feel. I'm interested in thoughts on the turn and river decisions.

11-17-2005, 05:58 PM
His river call is very confusing! What was your read on him - ultra passive? if so, I'd put him on a QJ or possibly a weak, suited A.

Edit - I think you need to bet the turn t500. If he calls, check the river.

ZootMurph
11-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Any reads on villain?

In any case, I'm betting the turn as well. If he still calls, then I can check behind on the river. As you played it, I would probably check behind the river. Weak, but without a read I don't see any reason to continue, as I can't see him calling down with anything less than an Ace. He could very well have called your raise with a weak ace, even A4, and is afraid to bet it because of the river 5 which would kill his two pair if you had a bigger Ace, but happy to call a small amount with it.

DDBeast
11-17-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His river call is very confusing! What was your read on him - ultra passive? if so, I'd put him on a QJ or possibly a weak, suited A.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he's a solid player he'll probably checkraise that dinky 500 bet.

wiggs73
11-17-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly not. I only have 500 left after the 500 bet, so I'm calling if he pushes and I'd expect him to know this.

I bet the river for value because I didn't think he had an ace. If so, what kind of ace would he have had? I would think a pair that's on the board with an ace kicker. If so, then he made 2 pair on the turn and I'd expect him to lead the river. I put him on a PP or some kind of jack with a decent kicker. I purposefully made a weak river bet because I wanted a call.

Exitonly
11-17-2005, 07:17 PM
i like how you played the hand, and it was a good bet on the end, i definitely can see jacks making that call there, ,or even other pairs.

DDBeast
11-17-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly not. I only have 500 left after the 500 bet, so I'm calling if he pushes and I'd expect him to know this.

I bet the river for value because I didn't think he had an ace. If so, what kind of ace would he have had? I would think a pair that's on the board with an ace kicker. If so, then he made 2 pair on the turn and I'd expect him to lead the river. I put him on a PP or some kind of jack with a decent kicker. I purposefully made a weak river bet because I wanted a call.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't see that, good point.