PDA

View Full Version : Blinds are 75-150, I'm around 6-8 BB on Button, one limper, $22 sng

EnderFFX
11-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Let me give the information again
6-7 people left, $22 sng on party
everyone is about even, a low stack and a big stack exist but no one is particularly low or has amassed chips, you are around 5th place
You have 900 in chips
You are on the BB
You have QTs
One person limps in, everyone else folds, your move.

Obviously, you would love it everyone folded to you
If someone raises, it seems like an easy fold.

One person limps and you have QTs, what is the play? The person who limps seems like your standard player at $22.

I think limping is the worst play you can make, the flop doesn't hit you enough of the time and you have at least 3 people in. (maybe 4 if the SB tags around)

Standard raise is out, you might as well push for FE.

So it seems like we are (suprisingly) down to Push/Fold.

I think Push, if the BB has a hand he was going to call anyway regardless of the limper, and you were going to push anyway with a half-decent hand and the blinds as they are. Odds are the best result is if they both fold.

Need help! Anyone?

bluefeet
11-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Adding 40% to your stack, with minimal risk is an attractive offer.

Having been sitting on my hands to this point, I too look to build a little bigger base as the bubble approaches.

Certainly better with a couple "big cards" like this, in case a mid-PP decides to look you up.

IMO there are indeed "less 'steal' looking" steal opportunities during these intermediate blinds levels. Many loose/weak types have yet to abandon the desire to see flops, having failed to grasp the expense.

I think the times you are met with resistance are few enough to make this well timed move profitable.

Ps. Noting the chronic limpers along the way makes this a safer push of course.

EnderFFX
11-17-2005, 07:53 PM
I think this has to be a huge hole to my game. Whenever I'm in this type of situation my first instinct is to ignore the limper, treat it like he wasn't there, and push.

Well the result was the limper had AJ, I got lucky and double up and then lost to him 5 turns later when I pushed with AKs and he had QQ.