PDA

View Full Version : TT Checkup

SippinSoma
11-17-2005, 03:45 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

hobbsmann
11-17-2005, 03:48 PM
I think your preflop cap sucks, but otherwise the hand looks good.

SippinSoma
11-17-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think your preflop cap sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

brettbrettr
11-17-2005, 04:02 PM
how bout a read, sucka?

SippinSoma
11-17-2005, 04:03 PM
He just sat down. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

The Dude
11-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Don't cap preflop. There are a lot of flops that will force you to proceed with caution, or even check-fold, and not capping preflop allows you to get in a check-raise when you catch a happy flop (like the one you got).

Other than that, nice play.

SenecaJim
11-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah, what the dude said. When down to T's, I like to save that extra bet to show aggression on flop and see what happens. Also might add some doubt in your opponents mind when you don't cap, like how weak a hand might you try and get by with raising first.

11-17-2005, 05:08 PM
I prefer a check call on the river to a bet fold. I will almost never check fold this river even though it is a bad card. Players love bluffing the river ace.

silkyslim
11-17-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer a check call on the river to a bet fold. I will almost never check fold this river even though it is a bad card. Players love bluffing the river ace.

[/ QUOTE ]
what 3 betting hands are we ahead of on the river?

icepick
11-17-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think your preflop cap sucks, but otherwise the hand looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

PSW
11-17-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 99 but you would have to have a pretty good read on him to allow this (low) possibility, and it's still not enough of the hands possible to warrent a call. Unless you have been raising light and you think the 3-better knows this and is going small pair iso on you... which I doubt too...

psw

shant
11-17-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're beating nothing in his 3-betting range so I wouldn't be too worried abouot him bluffing.

pyedog
11-17-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 99 but you would have to have a pretty good read on him to allow this (low) possibility, and it's still not enough of the hands possible to warrent a call. Unless you have been raising light and you think the 3-better knows this and is going small pair iso on you... which I doubt too...

psw

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe KQs too. Possibly KhQh but then maybe we'd expect him to be more aggressive on the flop.

Either way you're right, not a lot of hands that you're still ahead of when the Ace hits.

Interesting that everyone says to fold here. I think I agree too but I never actually do that in practice. I guess the only way a river call would make sense is if you were against a player who was super aggressive preflop who could be 3-betting with a medium pair and KQo as well.

SippinSoma
11-17-2005, 08:16 PM
KhQh is the only KQ that makes it to that river UI. I think this is his hand as often as he slowplays jacks (if not, less frequently). Both of these situations represent what's going on a small % of the time.

me454555
11-17-2005, 09:18 PM
This isn't true, I've seen people 3 bet 99 88 and other smaller pairs often enough where this is a fine call

me454555
11-17-2005, 09:19 PM
I'd just call his pf 3 bet and play check/call check/call bet on the river folding to a raise.

the way you played it I'd bet and fold to a raise or check call. either one has merits. Check folding is horrible b/c I've seen people bluff w/KQ often enough or 3 bet and call w/low PPs often enough to make calling here correct

SippinSoma
11-18-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't true, I've seen people 3 bet 99 88 and other smaller pairs often enough where this is a fine call

[/ QUOTE ]
But without a read, wouldn't you want to give him the average opponent's range? As far as I know, some people might 3-bet these PPs, but even more muck/cc them.

jason_t
11-18-2005, 08:59 AM
Don't cap preflop. Postflop is fine.