PDA

View Full Version : Its my turn......

Luv2DriveTT
11-17-2005, 02:37 PM
I think I got the action right on this one, live 4/8 game a few days ago. I am in the SB with KQ of spades. Short handed table, everyone is playing aggressively, and even the tight players starting hand requirements have adjusted to the table size – the are playing optimally to semi-optimally. HUGE pots, and this one will be no exception. Good to note that more than one play in this hand will play any ace.

UTG, MP, CO & Button limp, I raise, BB calls, all call – 6 players to the flop for 12sb.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, BB calls, UTG raises, CO calls, Button calls, I raise, BB calls, UTG calls, MP folds, CO caps, Button calls, I call, BB calls, UTG calls – a huge pot of 16bb

Turn is the 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif - and I have the nutz.

I check, BB checks, UTG checks, CO bets, Button raises, I smooth call, BB calls, UTG folds, CO 3-bets, Button calls, I cap

U likey? Or U hatey?

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Evan
11-17-2005, 02:41 PM
I think you should bet the turn. I am late for class.

bakku
11-17-2005, 02:41 PM
hey TT, i'd just keep betting/raising on the turn

Entity
11-17-2005, 02:43 PM
I'd bet the turn. Someone else has a flush draw or at worst 2pr (most likely a set) and you're getting raised.

uw_madtown
11-17-2005, 02:46 PM
Why check the turn? To c/r a late position flop capper and face BB and UTG with 2 bets cold?

Just bet and raise the turn. Given how you played it, I like cold call-capping it, because that's sexy.

Luv2DriveTT
11-17-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I left off something important. I was fairly positive that the Button had a baby flush. Please continue with the analysis, specifically the cap.

bakku
11-17-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I left off something important. I was fairly positive that the Button had a baby flush. Please continue with the analysis, specifically the cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

even more reason to bet the turn

DeathDonkey
11-17-2005, 02:53 PM
This seems like more reason to bet the turn and trap everyone in between, not less. 3 bet his raise real quick and angry and maybe he'll cap /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-DeathDonkey

charlie_t_jr
11-17-2005, 02:59 PM
Leading the turn you get at least one more bet out of UTG. With this many players giving action, I don't see doing anything else but capping the turn. Unless you think for some reason it will kill the river action. But given things so far, cap the turn, and expect mutiple bets on the river.

sfer
11-17-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly why leading the turn is better.

11-17-2005, 03:14 PM
Your turn action, given you checked, is fine (the smooth call-cap) but the first check doesn't make sense to me.

jason_t
11-17-2005, 03:15 PM
omg bet the [censored] turn.

Luv2DriveTT
11-17-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
omg bet the [censored] turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh.... just re-read the action. I'm fairly sure that the flop is wrong, I'm surprised we (yes, two of us checked it before I posted it, we suck) didn't catch it. Running off to a biz meeting, will post a correction later. Thats what happens when you post hands while at work /images/graemlins/frown.gif

MaxPower
11-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Sometimes playing your hand in a straight forward manner is the most deceptive. By which I mean, you should put in a bet or a raise at every opportunity on the turn. I don't see any benefit to smooth calling the turn.

brettbrettr
11-17-2005, 03:22 PM
No, the flop is correct.

istewart
11-17-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
omg change your [censored] username .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

brettbrettr
11-17-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes playing your hand in a straight forward manner is the most deceptive. By which I mean, you should put in a bet or a raise at every opportunity on the turn. I don't see any benefit to smooth calling the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I was involved in this hand and with a pot this size I would and did expect TT to play his hand straight. I think his turn play is less than ideal, but it did have the effect of making me misread his hand completely and led to my giving more action than I should have. I think this is more of a happy accident than anything else though, and I think he should have simply bet the turn.

11-17-2005, 04:24 PM
I didn't mind the check so much since it seems you were relatively certain one of the remaning players would bet. I wouldn't want a bet and then a bunch of calls here, I'm looking to stick it to the remaining players.

You have to put at least one of them on a smaller /images/graemlins/spade.gif flush so check and then raise the living hell out of anyone who dares call.

To me, your mistake is smooth calling. Could have cost yourself an extra BB here by doing so.

By checking to that many players, you can get away with making it seem that the third /images/graemlins/spade.gif scared you and then can totally confuse them when you hammer back with a reraise.

I don't mind the EP turn check, I wasn't so hepped up on the smooth call. I think 3-bet it right there.

Just my $0.02 though.

B Dids
11-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Your line on the turn makes it a lot harder for worse flushes and other non flush hands to pay you off, as it's a line that scream of the nuts.

11-17-2005, 04:32 PM
how you guys are like that??
all are these reply to gray pos ters and
no for me!! how I can turn gray????
also you are play hand not go og

TakeMeToTheRiver
11-17-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your line on the turn makes it a lot harder for worse flushes and other non flush hands to pay you off, as it's a line that scream of the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily, the button had less than 2BB left in front of him that were going in the pot regardless...

sfer
11-17-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, the faster you play this hand the more it looks like AK/AQ.

jedi
11-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Bet this turn. There were 3 agressors on the flop, which was capped. You betting out again could mean AK still for all they know. Let the small made flush raise you.

jskills
11-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Capping the turn with everyone up in there is sweet and your line achieved it. It seemed that given the flop action you could certainly count on one or more people continuing to be aggressive. I'd have a hard time not leading the turn after the flop cap, but given your read and how things went, it looks like your line yielded the best results.

Looks like CO has JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Button either has 44 or 55.

lighterjobs
11-17-2005, 05:04 PM
by checkraising the turn after a flush card falls you're telling the table what you have.

you might not even checkraise three aces in that spot.

KDawgCometh
11-17-2005, 06:57 PM
TT, if you are that certain, then wouldn't they be raising when the action got back to them anyway. Since you didn't bet the turn, I really think that a CR three bet is best here. You capping when you already smooth called has to be kinda strange. CR three betting may just look like you are being over aggro

Luv2DriveTT
11-17-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ugh.... just re-read the action. I'm fairly sure that the flop is wrong, I'm surprised we (yes, two of us checked it before I posted it, we suck) didn't catch it. Running off to a biz meeting, will post a correction later. Thats what happens when you post hands while at work /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I have the action right this time. It was BB who raised, not UTG on the flop, and I didn't 3-bet the flop, it was the button (thanks Chuck for verifying this). Sorry for the confusion earlier, a small change really makes a huge difference.

[ QUOTE ]
UTG, MP, CO & Button limp, I raise, BB calls, all call – 6 players to the flop for 12sb.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, BB raises, UTG calls, MP Calls CO calls, Button raises, I call, BB calls, UTG calls, MP folds, CO caps, Button calls, I call, BB calls, UTG calls – a huge pot of 16.5bb

Turn is the 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, BB checks, UTG checks, CO bets, Button raises, I smooth call, BB calls, UTG folds, CO 3-bets, Button calls, I cap

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking for comments on Flop & Turn.

1) Call of 3-bet out of position on flop

2) Turn check (makes a bit more sense now that I have the correct action, but there is a lot to be said for betting out as well)

3) Turn smooth call

4) The turn cap

Eurotrash
11-17-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, BB calls, UTG raises, CO calls, Button calls, I raise, BB calls, UTG calls, MP folds, CO caps, Button calls, I call, BB calls, UTG calls – a huge pot of 16bb

[/ QUOTE ]

i think a rough call or some other kind of textured call would be best here. curious on why you decided to go with the smooth call.

eviljeff
11-17-2005, 10:00 PM
just bet out. it's likely that if you check a bet is coming from your right, so a c/r from you clears the field. I think you got very lucky that you were able to check/call/cap

KDawgCometh
11-18-2005, 12:15 AM
TT, I think that capping the flop *might* work here. You have enough players in there to do it I think.

turn, I still don't like the smooth call/cap line, it just screams nuts really loud, but, it works a lot better with the action as is, it keeps the players in drawing dead for the most part(unless of course if someone has a set)

I think that with all of the flop cold callers that you can definetly work in a flop cap, that way you can lead a spade turn and just start pumpingon both the turn and river

durron597
11-18-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think a rough call or some other kind of textured call would be best here. curious on why you decided to go with the smooth call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer the cold call myself.