PDA

View Full Version : sad day for edgefield county, south carolina, u.s.a., and th

scalf
06-27-2003, 07:25 AM
/forums/images/icons/mad.gif j. strom thurmond passed in edgefield co. hospital, entire state in mourning....

one strange coincidence: even tho he had many children, he just first became a grandparent several weeks ago...hmmmmmm...gl /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Ray Zee
06-27-2003, 09:58 AM
the entire state is in morning for a guy who ran for the highest office campaining for segregation. nice state. but that is the state with the giant pig farms that pollute the ground water and rivers.
scalf you need to see the west my man.

Porcupine
06-27-2003, 02:49 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
that is the state with the giant pig farms that pollute the ground water and rivers

[/ QUOTE ]

That is us(North Carolina) - we grow some tobacco also;) We also have too much rain if anyone wants to take some of that away. Actually, I'm not sure how many hog farms SC has, but I've heard NC is in the top 2.

Porcupine
06-27-2003, 02:52 PM
Didn't he fairly recently end his Senate service? We were wondering how much being a Senator kept him going. It had to be a huge let down to stop after so many decades. Nice to hear to that he was able become a grandparent.

scalf
06-27-2003, 04:24 PM
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif porcy, you are correct north carolina has the pig farms...there are laws in south carolina protecting small family farms and prohibiting the big pig mills of tarheel state...lotta nice peaches down here...lol...of course zee would be upset with the pollution they cause...lol..gl /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Ray Zee
06-27-2003, 07:17 PM
oh, when did they split carolina into a north and south. sounds like peaches and pigs dont get along too well.

is that the place they marry their sister or is that west virgina.

jokerswild
06-27-2003, 09:11 PM
What have you been smoking? I guess that you are right. Black folk mourn the fact that he diddn't die 99 years, and 364 days earlier.

John Cole
06-28-2003, 11:58 AM
Ray,

From Dorothy Allison, the author of Bastard Out of Carolina (that's South Carolina):

What's a South Carolina virgin?

A ten year old that can run fast.

scalf
06-28-2003, 05:08 PM
/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif ray,
i did get an unofficial legal opinion from hdpm...and in south carolina; if you divorce your wife, she is still your sister.....not sure in west va tho....gl /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/club.gif

John Ho
06-28-2003, 11:29 PM
Who gives a rat's ass? The guy was a fossil who did as much to oppress and in effect kill black folks as any man in modern history. His legacy is crap.

As for him supposedly changing his views over the years that may be true. But he should have never have been sent to the Senate as times changed. His constant reelection says alot about the good ole boys in SC.

scalf
06-29-2003, 11:39 AM
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif ho,

very interesting; i wonder if you have ever been to south carolina...sounds to me that you are spouting off some politically correct drivel......

two points....

strom was not draftable as a 40 yr old federal judge when ww2 started, yet he volunteered and visited france via air glider on d-day...now how many politicians today..(clinton, gw bush) would consider such a thing...

outside south carolina strom is primarily known as a dixiecrat segregationist...filibustered to stop civil rights legislation in 40's and early 50's....yet, he also voted and actively backed the renewal of civilrights act in 80's, when other key southern dems did not....actually he was a visionary...first of major southern politicians to realize the hated party of lincoln (republicans) was actually the way to go....

but hey, just spout offf...it would be ez for me to point out the irresponsibility of california politicians, and the huge deficit there, but hey, i do not really know...glad i do not live in cal....jmho...gl /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/club.gif

John Ho
06-29-2003, 12:34 PM
I have no doubt he was an adept politician when it came to civil rights. Probably had his finger right in the wind when he changed sides.

Fact is, the guy has a horrible legacy. He was always afraid to be too vocal about his change in stance so as to not offend the fools down in SC who are still living in the 1950s.

And it's usually customary to address people by their first name. I guess you find the name "Ho" funny you stupid South Carolina redneck son of a bitch.

scalf
06-29-2003, 07:58 PM
/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif there can be a lotta johns...

for one ho....

gl /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/club.gif