PDA

View Full Version : Laptop and Business Computer

Mempho
11-17-2005, 01:42 PM
I thought I would post here...didn't really get much in the way of replies on the other forum. Anyway, I'm getting a $1,000 Dell gift card for Christmas and I need a new computer. The one I'm using is a work computer, and I've decided that I will need a laptop since the new computer will be used for a new professional services business that I will be starting in 6-12 months. My business will eventually require me to travel some, hence the laptop. I will need all of the Microsoft office stuff (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook) with the exception of Access.

I already own a 2001FP, so it would be nice if my new laptop had the 1600 x 1280 resolution. I would also prefer that it be widescreen (is the Ultrasharp with TrueLife automatically a 1600 x 1280 on the customization menu???). I would also like to have the DVD burner because of its value in creating material for my clients. This is still 6-12 months away. What's the best place to start...a Dell 9300...anywhere that I can chop off a huge price?

Meech
11-17-2005, 04:07 PM
I assume you already know about buying Dell coupons off eBay?

I got a 2005fpw for under $500 by buying a few stackable coupons.

Mempho
11-18-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I assume you already know about buying Dell coupons off eBay?

I got a 2005fpw for under $500 by buying a few stackable coupons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks