PDA

View Full Version : traveling with animals

11-17-2005, 01:31 PM
has anyone ever traveled with an animal on a plane. particularily british airways. did it go smoothly? Also, has anyone brought a cat into the U.S.? smoothly? problems?

joshman1204
11-17-2005, 01:32 PM
I have traveled with a small dog that they let me carry on with me but never a cat or larger animal.

11-17-2005, 01:35 PM
I've travelled with a cat (in cabin) and dog (in the hold) in and out of the U.S. several times. I love my pets but it is major pain. It is costly, it involves a lot of effort, and there are also embargo periods during the summer because of temperature issues.

11-17-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've travelled with a cat (in cabin) and dog (in the hold) in and out of the U.S. several times. I love my pets but it is major pain. It is costly, it involves a lot of effort, and there are also embargo periods during the summer because of temperature issues.

[/ QUOTE ] what airline? they let you have the cat in the cabin? what if people were allergic to cats? i think BA charges about $150. also in layovers, do they transfer the animal, or do you have to do it?

11-17-2005, 01:42 PM
It was Delta the times I did it. Allergies were not an issue, but I know they only allow a couple of animals max in the cabin at a time. The fees vary and we purposelt avoided layovers more than a couple of hours to make things "simpler". There are also a lot of vet related expenses depending on the countries involved. Most airlines have all of their travelling with pets infor easy to find on their websites.

joshman1204
11-17-2005, 01:42 PM
I took my dog in the cabin many times but I have never seen a cat in a cabin before.

NJchick
11-17-2005, 01:44 PM
http://www.ramblincat.com/index.html

Should answer all your questions.

Helped me with my plans of flying my 2 cats via air.

Lazymeatball
11-17-2005, 01:48 PM
tell us the specifics of your problem. 2+2 may not be able to help you, but it might be interesting.

11-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Last year I took a plane trip in the Ukraine from Kiev to Odessa, and there was an inredibly slutty girl on the flight, with a cat on a lead. She had bought the cat its own seat (the plane was full), and it just sat there looking smug.

Lazymeatball
11-17-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Last year I took a plane trip in the Ukraine from Kiev to Odessa, and there was an inredibly slutty girl on the flight, with a cat on a lead. She had bought the cat its own seat (the plane was full), and it just sat there looking smug.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume the chick was hot and exotic. Or just strange and still vaguely hot in a freaky kind of way. Cat freaks are weird, but usually good in the sack. Buying a cat it's own seat is really [censored] weird. even if she is russian.

11-17-2005, 02:06 PM
SHe was exotic, but definitely not hot. She looked like a ho and was wearing probably the sluttiest thing I have ever seen: yellow PVC top, mini-skirt, yellow PVC boots which had bits cut out of them down the sides (i have no idea how to desscibe them). The kind of outfit you would NEVER see anyone wear ever in the west... kind of budget 1980s steretypical Russian hooker look.