PDA

View Full Version : Party 1/2 6max 99 hand

mosuavea
11-17-2005, 01:15 PM
After a 3 month hiatus into NL, I decided to move back to limit to mix things up. NL has treated me well and I think my game has benefited from the time there.

Villian in this hand was 42/17/3.6 after 50 hands or so. Pretty much lagged it up no matter what his holdings were, hows my play?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

imported_The Vibesman
11-17-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm either A: Raising the flop, for value, to fold MP and to try to fold a 5 or 6 outer from button on the turn, getting ready to ditch on the turn or even here on the flop myself if I'm 3bet.

Or B: Calling down each street, to keep the lag betting his middle pair or unimproved overs.

Edit: I'm an idiot, and totally missed that Hero is first to act after the flop. Go ahead and lead.

gharp
11-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Bet the flop. If your positive villain will bet for you with any 2 cards, then I guess you can check-raise the flop, but don't wait until the turn. Your hand is very vulnerable to overcards -- and you really don't want MP sticking around.

adsman
11-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Anytime anyone raises preflop on 6max and then checks the flop I think, "Ah ha. Somebody wants to get tricky."

MasterShakes
11-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Preflop is fine and is an obvious raise situation.

I would lead on the flop. You don't want to give any free cards, given that your pair is vulnerable to overcards. Simply assuming that somebody has a Q already is weak. Given that you did check and the button bet, I think a CR is the right move. That MP in actuality did fold should be of no consequence to you in making this move. You want to either make him fold or call two cold with an inferior holding.

Check raising the turn makes little sense to me. Do you fold if button 3-bets?

Betting the river is fine given the action up to this point.

Given the way that you described villain in your OP, I think you really need to move past using stats alone as a read. Yes, he is a LAG, but then you say he lags it up regardless of his holdings. This isn't true. If it were true, he would be 100/100, not 42/17. Ignore the numbers for the moment you are in the hand and think about what range of hands he is capable of betting out on the flop and turn with here. I just don't think this was a hand you wanted to get cute with.

chadplusplus
11-17-2005, 01:26 PM
I probably lead this the whole way, three betting a flop raise (based on his aggression - too aggressive with too many flops means being aggressive with bad hands as discussed in another currently ongoing post) and re-evaluating from there.

But after looking at your play. I really like it except for the fact he called the check raise and river bet. With a AF of 3.6, he's raising or folding for the most part. When he goes into call down mode, I don't know, I get nervous.

With what do you have a problem? I take it you lost this hand?

mosuavea
11-17-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Edit: I'm an idiot, and totally missed that Hero is first to act after the flop. Go ahead and lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I lead, which I did think about, you lead every street and fold to a raise?

11-17-2005, 01:50 PM
My normal line here is to lead the flop and turn. If he calls both then I usually check/call the river. Would most people value bet the river with the above line?

imported_The Vibesman
11-17-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not sure about folding, although that's probably what I'd end up doing. Villian's #s seem to indicate aggression, but it's one of those places where I'd like to have a bit more info on what he's aggressive with. Have I seen him raise small pairs, draws etc. or just top pair/better?
Also depends which street he raises on.

But generally, yes, I'm finding someplace to ditch it if I get played back at.

mosuavea
11-17-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not sure about folding, although that's probably what I'd end up doing. Villian's #s seem to indicate aggression, but it's one of those places where I'd like to have a bit more info on what he's aggressive with. Have I seen him raise small pairs, draws etc. or just top pair/better?
Also depends which street he raises on.

But generally, yes, I'm finding someplace to ditch it if I get played back at.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is my thinking and he was much more aggro on the flop and turn than the river.

While not raising the flop to push MP out was a mistake, since he folded anyhow, is there any value in check raising , on a rather safe turn, knowing villian is taking it to showdown 80% of the time? Obviously I was folding to a 3 bet and betting the river for value as played.

mosuavea
11-17-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

With what do you have a problem? I take it you lost this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

No real problem with the hand as played just looking for discussion on my line. As I said, I played lots and lots of NL the past 3 or more months and haven;t touched a limit table but wanted to mix things up.