PDA

View Full Version : Forum broken!

Spicymoose
11-17-2005, 07:31 AM
On two different computers I have used, the forum seems to have some problem with cacheing. I make a post, but nothing appears until I clear my cache, and come back to the page. Anyone else noticing this?

diebitter
11-17-2005, 07:32 AM
Yeah.

Sometimes you read a post, and come back to the main page, and it appears like you haven't.

Vavavoom
11-17-2005, 07:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah.

Sometimes you read a post, and come back to the main page, and it appears like you haven't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank god its just not me experiencing this...

11-17-2005, 07:35 AM
It seems to be happening in every forum.

I've found a problem in the URL.

it's reading .php?Cat=&Board=yadayada
instead of .php?Cat=0&Board=

I've been redoing it manually

ChristinaB
11-17-2005, 08:15 AM
While it won't fix everything, if you are having problems refreshing the page, just hold the Ctrl key down while you refresh.

Toro
11-17-2005, 10:25 AM
I had the same problem, even posted here about it but everything is back to normal for me.

HopeydaFish
11-17-2005, 10:39 AM
Last night every time I tried to get into OOT, I was immediately logged out. I could access all of the other forums with no problems. I thought I'd been [censored]. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Yeti
11-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Seems to be fixed now.

I'm pretty sure CTRL+F5 was remedying the problem at the time.

diebitter
11-17-2005, 10:46 AM
We're getting all sorts of server problems where I work at the moment... (internet, mail servers, file servers...)

Have the stars aligned or something to FUBAR technology?

Arnfinn Madsen
11-17-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems to be fixed now.

I'm pretty sure CTRL+F5 was remedying the problem at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all, mine was frozen for about 11 hours, I tried reloading the page, restarting the computer, erasing the cache on the computer, restarting the modem, but nothing helped. All posts on the front page were still 11 hours old and no matter how many times I read them they remained unread.

Yeti
11-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Oh, okay. I logged on about 5 hours ago at uni, saw a post saying that threads weren't updating if you used the links on the left, but were if you used the 'go to..' at the bottom. This seemed to be the case for me.

When I clicked links in the sidebar i simply used ctrl+f5 on the loaded page and everything was dandy.

Arnfinn Madsen
11-17-2005, 11:12 AM
There is something weird with my internet provider I think, when a newspaper went down for appx. 10 minutes, it took something like 6-7 hours before I could access it again. Then later the same newspaper had a short downfall and I could not access it for hours again. Must be some routers that block some cache requests or determine that a webserver is unavailable or something, I don't know.