PDA

View Full Version : Where the Zoo got its name

rusty JEDI
06-26-2003, 11:45 PM
I was doing some searching for an old post and came upon this one along the way. It is the origin of the Zoo name.

http://www.twoplustwo.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=185057&Forum=A ll_Forums&Words=rusty%20JEDI&Match=Username&Search page=19&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=184700&Search=t rue#Post185057

Turns out it was David Ross (played in our zoo tournies, and makes the posts about making a living playing online in the general forum)...and Mike Haven made it stick.

Thanks guys

rJ

thomastem
06-27-2003, 10:17 AM
The Zoo? Tourneys? Don't know about these (I'm knew here be gentle, Husker don't yell at me.) Can anyone fill me in? Hell if your nice this fish might enter 1 of these here tourneys.

onlinechamp
06-27-2003, 10:26 AM
Where should we host the next zoo event?

happyjaypee
06-28-2003, 01:37 AM
"KotZ" tourney (King of the Zoo) are montly events held on PokerStars. They alternate between NL, PL and Limit Hold'em. You need to be a regular poster to attend. I think the minimum number of post to be eligible is 25 so you'll be good to play.

However, Simon Diamond is the one behind this and he is temporaly away from this board, having no internet connection for a while so the KotZ are suspended for now. Just stick around the Internet Gambling Forum (The ZOO /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ) for new about when Simon will be back among us.

Simon also made an internet page whit the results of our past tourneys. Just can't remember the web page adress. I'll post it in a minute.

-Happy /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

happyjaypee
06-28-2003, 01:45 AM
Simon Diamond's King of the Zoo site (http://www.geocities.com/kotzpoker/)

-Happy /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Simon Diamond
06-29-2003, 10:44 AM
However, Simon Diamond is the one behind this and he is temporaly away from this board, having no internet connection for a while so the KotZ are suspended for now. Just stick around the Internet Gambling Forum (The ZOO ) for new about when Simon will be back among us.

Not going to be back online at home for quite a while as I have some very serious problems to sort out. If you guys want to organise something in the meantime, do so by all means, but I wont be around to update the site. I would appreciate if we could do everything officially again if I ever get back online.

I'll endeavour to check the board whenever I can get to a computer on the net.

Simon