PDA

View Full Version : party poker

fishfood
06-26-2003, 11:29 PM
i have had trouble winnig at party poker....
i cant seem to make a hand stand.
i know that the site is legit, but do any of you find this site difficult?
also are there amy other sites that have good games?
thanks

Abe
06-26-2003, 11:49 PM
Let me be the first to refer you to a large thread that covers this topic. Its called "Opinion Poll of Online Sites" (or something) and had well over 2000 views as of a couple days ago. Look on page 2 or 3 of this forum.

Terry
06-27-2003, 01:53 PM
Keep in mind that top pair is is not a "great" hand in games where five or more people are seeing the turn.

Homer
06-27-2003, 01:55 PM
i cant seem to make a hand stand

You're probably not adjusting properly to the loooooooooose games.

Check out the Small Stakes forum -- there have been some good threads recently regarding how to beat loose games.

-- Homer

LondonBroil
06-27-2003, 07:32 PM
It's called "schooling". You can beat 1 fish easily but when there are many of them, they tend to swim around in schools to better protect themselves /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

asdf1234
06-27-2003, 08:43 PM
Like Homer said, you need to make some adjustments to playing in loose games. Unsuited cards lose value, big draws are huge, value bets are good, semi-bluffs lose almost all of their value etc. etc. etc. WLLHE by Lee Jones is good for these types of games as well as the loose games section in HPFAP.

Essentially, you're going to have to show the best hand and it's going to need to be better than top pair good kicker against a field of 4+. Adjust and you will make tons of money at party like virtually everybody else. It's so bad that the not so fishy fish make money.

Rob
06-28-2003, 03:17 AM
that's all i have to say. i love it. i love it. i love it. can the wpt be on every day? how about espn? please? pretty please?

oh yeah, advice. find a game with about 7 weak-loose players. there should be 4 of them going at any time. play hands like 33 and 75s utg. wait until they hit. win a 30bb pot. rinse and repeat. unsuited big cards suck. etc, etc. don't get fancy. pretend you're playing against chipmunks and you'll approximate your opponents' skill level. start digging a big hole in your yard to bury all your winnings in.

i love party poker.

robPG