PDA

View Full Version : luck

11-17-2005, 06:06 AM
I was reading a book that talks about how you should let your current "luck" influence your play .... meaning that if you have missed your last 5 draws ... you should not go for your 6th because your running cold ...( this is regardless of the fact that you are getting the right odds to call) i think this is bs but id like some opinions

Luzion
11-17-2005, 06:48 AM
If the deck is not "contaminated," then the current hand is independent of the previous hands. Its a little hard to believe that you found a book that tells you to follow this advice. What book is this?

jman220
11-18-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If the deck is not "contaminated," then the current hand is independent of the previous hands. Its a little hard to believe that you found a book that tells you to follow this advice. What book is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Party Poker Cracked!" Lol.

SunOfBeach
11-18-2005, 12:10 AM
cards with memories??? hmmm... /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

11-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Each trial (hand) in poker is independent of all seperate trials (hands). If you missed your flopped four flush three times in a row, you still have the same 35% chance of hitting the next four flush you hit on the flop.

Play your draws and odds the same as you would running hot cold or whatever. That's one of the signs I feel is when it's time for a player to take a break - when they continually make different (i.e.- incorrect) decisions when they are running cold as opposed to making different ones when the cards are running hot or warm or whatever.

CEE
11-19-2005, 11:03 PM
...maybe the author was referring to the way other players at the table view you? When you have hit a number of draws, etc, they might be less likely to call your bet. Many gamblers believe in "luck", and as a skilled player, you should occasionally take advantage of that.

Luzion
11-20-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Party Poker Cracked!" Lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha... I bet you're right

11-20-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Party Poker <font color="red">while on</font> Crack!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I like mine better.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif