PDA

View Full Version : 2 preflop hands

celiboy
11-17-2005, 04:31 AM
Hand 1 - no reads/data

Hero has A/J off UTG.

Hero calls, 1 fold, UTG +2 raises, 3 folds, button calls, blinds fold, Hero folds

Was this a terrible fold? I'd be getting close to 7:1 on the call, but this hand is so easily dominated......

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hand 2 - I have 350 hands on the button and 0% defense on blind steals

Folded to hero in cut off with a pair of 7's.
Hero raises, button reraises, blinds fold, Hero calls

Flop
j/3/5 rainbow ........Hero checks, button bets, Hero calls

Turn
8.....................Hero checks, button bets, Hero calls

River
10....................Hero checks, button bets, Hero calls

I am mainly interested in the preflop reraise and whether I should have dropped the hand preflop given villains 0% blind defense over 350 hands.

imported_leader
11-17-2005, 05:14 AM
Once you've correctly committed a SB to the pot you never fold for one more. If that isn't 100% true, it's 99.9999999% true. You should have raised hand 1 to begin with. Open limping with AJo just isn't good poker. Hand 2 I have no idea what your "read" means. No way you fold to a PF RR here ever. The idea is just absurd. Unless he's absurdly tight, I'm c/r the flop. If he 3-bets the flop then you can fold. Otherwise, b/f the turn and either c/c or b/f the river.

celiboy
11-17-2005, 05:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Once you've correctly committed a SB to the pot you never fold for one more. If that isn't 100% true, it's 99.9999999% true. You should have raised hand 1 to begin with. Open limping with AJo just isn't good poker. Hand 2 I have no idea what your "read" means. No way you fold to a PF RR here ever. The idea is just absurd. Unless he's absurdly tight, I'm c/r the flop. If he 3-bets the flop then you can fold. Otherwise, b/f the turn and either c/c or b/f the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given A/Q or A/J suited I raise UTG every time. I usually limp with A/J off but am looking to get my PF raise % up and this is a spot I should raise. My first 10K hands I used to raise A/J off, but started limping recently.

On Hand 2, just to clarify, what I mean is that I have 350 hands on the villain and in that time he has folded to a blind steal 100% of the time. He also had a sub 16% vpip and pf raise of 5% so extremely tight.

J. Stew
11-17-2005, 05:41 AM
I think you're way too tight bro, just call the flop in hand 1.

I'm leading the whole way in hand 2, folding to a raise anywhere, even the flop. If he's tight he'll give up his AK on the turn. If you c/r the flop it may scare a tightie with QQ into calling you down and you're oop. If you c/r the flop and he has AK he's gonna see a turn anyways and I wouldn't be certain enough that we had the best hand to making checkraising to put more mone in the pot a good decision.

POKhER
11-17-2005, 06:28 AM
Call hand one and see the flop, he could have JJ/QQ/KK... You have outs, 7:1 is cool.

hand 2, I'm betting the flop and if raised i'll probably fold. If he's tricky i may call down.

11-17-2005, 07:50 AM
Hand 1---fold'em
hand 2---Hold'em

2+2 wannabe
11-17-2005, 09:09 AM
c/r flop in hand 2

imported_leader
11-17-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given A/Q or A/J suited I raise UTG every time. I usually limp with A/J off but am looking to get my PF raise % up and this is a spot I should raise. My first 10K hands I used to raise A/J off, but started limping recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just shouldn't be limping AJo at all. Limp in early position with drawing hands that have a lot of implied pots like low PP and like KTs. Raise AJo because you don't want 4 or 5 people limping after you.

[ QUOTE ]
On Hand 2, just to clarify, what I mean is that I have 350 hands on the villain and in that time he has folded to a blind steal 100% of the time. He also had a sub 16% vpip and pf raise of 5% so extremely tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he turned over his cards and showed me AA, I'd still call for set value.