PDA

View Full Version : limit events--good or bad?

11-17-2005, 04:09 AM
Does anyone ever do the party (or any other site for taht matter) limit HE sngs? I was just thinking they might be pretty easy to beat just like the cash games.

Thanks,
Steve

microbet
11-17-2005, 04:14 AM
I don't think many people here do. I've only played a handful. The issue is how fast they go off and how fast they play. IOTW, less $/hr.

11-17-2005, 04:33 AM
they take about 10 years to finish, limit was just not intended for tournament play. in NL you just get the off the fish in one hand, much nicer.

11-17-2005, 05:22 AM
If you are a competant player at Stud8, these SNGs are very friendly. A few donks who will play any 3 cards go bust early, then 4 or 5 decent players are left. These players are decent in the sense that they would make good cash game Stud8 players, but when the antes and limits get high, it becomes a completely different game, and you can feast on their tightness.

11-17-2005, 06:01 AM
i should have corrected myself to say for Hold 'Em, sorry.

HesseJam
11-17-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are a competant player at Stud8, these SNGs are very friendly. A few donks who will play any 3 cards go bust early, then 4 or 5 decent players are left. These players are decent in the sense that they would make good cash game Stud8 players, but when the antes and limits get high, it becomes a completely different game, and you can feast on their tightness.

[/ QUOTE ]

At Stars they are friendly also because of the occasional No Limit player who mistakenly signed up for them without any idea how to play stud.

smoore
11-17-2005, 03:15 PM
That's been me a couple times, "What the hell? I have three cards!"

The O8 players must have some pretty interesting notes on me too.