PDA

View Full Version : On a really bad losing streak

11-17-2005, 03:58 AM
I just cashed out some money and since then I've experienced a really bad losing streak. I don't play for big steaks, just 10+1 sngs, but losing so many games in a row really hits the bankroll hard. Especially since I just recently lost a job. I'm not in dire straights, just upset that I can't get a win. I was close to getting in the money in one sng and then I lost internet connection! How about that? What do you guys do when you're on a bad streak?

bawcerelli
11-17-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play for big steaks

[/ QUOTE ]

try playing for chicken instead. really though, my advice? deal with it. we've all been there and the successful ones suck it up, the weak ones go cry on Oprah.

microbet
11-17-2005, 04:10 AM
I mope a bit, curse under my breath and every once in a while, completely out of the blue, say things to my non-poker playing wife like "can you believe he called with K7o?!?!?!?"

11-17-2005, 04:10 AM
I know. I've been telling myself just to suck it up. My personal life is probably just affecting my game. When my friends tell me that they are on a losing streak I tell them the same. Perhaps time for a little poker break.

Lori
11-17-2005, 05:25 AM
I put the money back in.

Lori

Slim Pickens
11-17-2005, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys do when you're on a bad streak?

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to the Gold Coast and raise A9o from EP a lot. I also do that when I'm on a hot streak, or haven't played in a while, or am bored. If you don't have access to a local joint, buy in for your entire bankroll at a 0.01/0.02 table and raise every hand preflop, then try to win it postflop.