PDA

View Full Version : When Eurobet goes to the PokerRoom network.....

flair1239
11-17-2005, 03:04 AM
Is their software going to suck as bad as the rest of the PR sites?

I mean Hollywood poker takes my RAM from 300 to 150 all by itself. I hate the PR software. I would play twice as much, with just a few improvements... it is worse than Absolute used to be.

roundest
11-17-2005, 04:40 AM
Ummm...it will be the same platform so, yes.

Adam22
11-17-2005, 05:51 AM
the PR software is pretty good. it's not their fault you're trying to play poker online on your super nintendo.

Rudbaeck
11-17-2005, 07:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the PR software is pretty good. it's not their fault you're trying to play poker online on your super nintendo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, their java solution is decent if you 'have' to play without downloading. But their downloaded client has to be among the very worst in the industry. Their refusal to use the windows API is amazing. Hammering the 'raise' button 10 times before the window even gets focus and then another 10 times to actually hit raise...

It's even slow on my gaming computer. (Amd 64, 2GB ram, super fast everything.)

Highest rake in the industry, worst client. Not many reasons to go there.

flair1239
11-17-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 750MB of RAM. 300 is where it kind of settles with PT, GT, PAHUD, 6 pokersites and 4 tables open.

Then Hollywood Poker takes it down below 100, when I am playing there.

SoftcoreRevolt
11-17-2005, 11:33 AM
This is The PR software telling you that you should just go to Party where the games are better anyway. It doesn't want to see you make the -EV mistake of playing Pokerroom.

This is how much Poker Room cares about its customers, and this customer care has won it many customers. The only problem that in doing so it has created a paradox that threatens to destroy space time, since by trying to keep customers off their awful software and to a better site like Party or Stars, PR has instead won customers.

grouchie
11-17-2005, 11:37 AM
I just opened my account with HOllywood poker within the last few days and was going to make a post asking how people can play there.

The software is taking a lot of getting used to for me.
I am having trouble even 3 tabling at this point with the software nuiances (sp?).

I am determined to at least clear a good chunk of the bonus though, so i've got plenty of time to get used to it.

Jurollo
11-17-2005, 02:17 PM
I have an AMD 64 and 2GB and I can run 8 tables on the PR network with no problems at all.
~Justin

hustalasta
11-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Not happy to hear that. Until recently I was playing on both Hollywood and Eurobet, with the Party split I left Eurobet due to the lack of good games. Since the Party split the games at Hollywood have gotten tighter as a result of Party Skin players finding a new home. Once they add Eurobet its going to be even worse. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am running a 1.4 Mhz machine with 512MB RAM and play up to 8 tables at Hollywood. Sometimes I get brief moments where the software frezes but not all that often. I wasn't going to point this out as there are already enough tight players hanging around but it seems there is no stopping it:

Two things I have done to help with the lag issue are:

1) before each session go into the Hollywood Poker folder on my hard drive and find my Database file (named something like MyScreenName_Real.db or something along those lines) and delete this file. The bigger this file gets the more it slows down the software.

2) I export and purge old hand histories from PT at about 5000 hands and move them to a seperate database.

11-17-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, prick, it's NES. Get it right! And it has an amazing 16 kbit of RAM. So PR should play perfectly fine!

11-17-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Their refusal to use the windows API is amazing. Hammering the 'raise' button 10 times before the window even gets focus and then another 10 times to actually hit raise...

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck did they write the app in then? I can't see how commercial Windows software doesn't use standard APIs. I would think it would be easier to write that way....not to mention better performance.

I think you learn in Software 101 that reinventing the wheel is a lame waste of time.

AA suited
11-17-2005, 03:34 PM
didnt pokerroom get kicked off Ultimate bet's network? they have their own network now?

Jurollo
11-17-2005, 03:56 PM
You are thinking of poker share, pokerroom is one of the older poker rooms out there actually.
~Justin

lozen
11-17-2005, 04:04 PM
If your playing here to just clear bonuses also play checknraise. I am at 1gig and that fixed my problems with 4 tables

Rudbaeck
11-17-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What the heck did they write the app in then? I can't see how commercial Windows software doesn't use standard APIs. I would think it would be easier to write that way....not to mention better performance.

I think you learn in Software 101 that reinventing the wheel is a lame waste of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I learnt that in Software Design 101. Now, I didn't reverse engineer their client, so I'm not certain, but it sure looks and feels as if they wrote their own code for window management. Which is bizarre.

11-17-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I learnt that in Software Design 101. Now, I didn't reverse engineer their client, so I'm not certain, but it sure looks and feels as if they wrote their own code for window management. Which is bizarre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally bizarre. Well, I guess not everyone can have good sofware. I suppose it's time to send Design Patterns and The Mythical Man-Month to Pokerroom. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MyTurn2Raise
11-17-2005, 06:22 PM
1 Gig...4 tables w/ poker tracker/ poker ace / opera open...no problems