PDA

View Full Version : (OT) Party just closed both of my accounts and I am out $8,000

ace_in_the_hole
11-17-2005, 12:58 AM
So I had recently opened a new account so I could have a new name. Somehow party knew I did this and didn't like it. I have never been logged onto both accounts at once or anything like cheating. When I tried to log-in today it said my account ahd been closed, for both accounts. I am in a panic right now. I got an e-mail saying I can verify my account by faxing a photocopy of my ID, but I am scared my money is gone for good. This is horrible. months and months of playing down the drain in a flash. WOW

Please anyone tell me I have a chance at getting the money back.

Seth Money
11-17-2005, 12:59 AM
Do as they say dude. the moneys not gone if your not frauding them.

downtown
11-17-2005, 01:01 AM
Maybe they closed it for overreacting.

bluefeet
11-17-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe they closed it for overreacting.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ace_in_the_hole
11-17-2005, 01:06 AM
So your saying that a closed account is more like a frozen account. I had visions of them jsut dumping my account's money into a giant gold-plated vault in costa rica. What about my secondary account? Is that all gone?

DDH
11-17-2005, 01:14 AM
They've taken your money and divded it up amongst the rest of the Party Poker players. $.006 for all of us!

Hornacek
11-17-2005, 01:16 AM
They just updated the doom switch to royally screw over people who complain about "running bad" too much.

The Yugoslavian
11-17-2005, 01:17 AM
Dude.

You're being *very* unDude.

Yugoslav

ace_in_the_hole
11-17-2005, 01:19 AM
Anybody have anything like this happen to them?

Newt_Buggs
11-17-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They just updated the doom switch to royally screw over people who complain about "running bad" too much.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

to the OP: relax a little, you should be fine once they get the IDs.

einbert
11-17-2005, 01:48 AM
Chances are very high that you will get to keep the 8K, whether or not you get to continue to have one of these accounts at party is not so clearly determined.

I say this from previous experience with party.

Of course I'm not making a guarantee, just making an estimate here based on my past experience. Of course things do change over time, there are a million different factors at work and anything could happen. That said, the above is indeed my estimate of the situation.

Good luck.

microbet
11-17-2005, 01:58 AM
Regardless of how likely it is that you'll get your money, I think you are entitled to a little panic on this one.

I wouldn't keep more than is necessary in my Party account. You don't get interest for one thing.

jon462
11-17-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They've taken your money and divded it up amongst the rest of the Party Poker players. $.006 for all of us!

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, I only got $.003.

Rigged!

golfcchs
11-17-2005, 02:30 AM
Ya happened to me at Pokerroom. Did you pretend to be 2 different people?

davehwm
11-17-2005, 03:57 AM
Why people don't take advantage of the 24 hour (non)-customer service that Party offers, I will never understand.

For God's sake, pick up your phone and call them.

11-17-2005, 04:18 AM
You can change your screen name in your account menu on the Party website.

Thoth
11-17-2005, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can change your screen name in your account menu on the Party website.

[/ QUOTE ]
But that doesn't give you R******k, which no doubt is the real reason for a 2nd account.

bones
11-17-2005, 09:12 AM
Finally you have a downswing worth bitching about.

Same thing happened to me, I fixed it the next day (with rb). No sweat. It's really not healthy for you to be this high-strung.

HonchoOverload
11-17-2005, 10:39 AM
moral of the story: before creating a new username, cash out a big chunk first.

spliff
11-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Exactly, you can up to 48K on Neteller.

Still no interest,

but much much safer to locate a stack here than in any poker-room, for sure !!

Dr_Jeckyl_00
11-17-2005, 11:50 AM
just cooperate with them, if they took your money and you did nothing wrong, that would be bad business.

11-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Its cool.

When I first started playing I started two accounts, referring myself for all the bonuses. Account got closed pretty fast, but all I needed to do was to call them and they transfered it all to one of the accounts.

If you want to open another account for any reason be sure to mail them first and ask them to freeze your existing account first. It works, I've done it.

11-17-2005, 12:50 PM
similar thing happenned to me, they recognise your ip address, so they know you have 2 accounts.

you need them to wipe out one of the accounts in order to allow you to keep playing

sng-sam
11-17-2005, 03:26 PM
this thread is useless STOP SUCKING

SAM

skipperbob
11-17-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why people don't take advantage of the 24 hour (non)-customer service that Party offers, I will never understand.

For God's sake, pick up your phone and call them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have You ever Tried this?
Do you speak Hindi?
Are you a masochist?
Do you have free minutes while on Hold?
Do you enjoy meaningless conversations with 3rd-World morons?
Did it ever have any effect/affect? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

vinyard
11-17-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have You ever Tried this?

[/ QUOTE ] Yep. In this exact situtation. They were very helpful.
[ QUOTE ]
Do you speak Hindi?

[/ QUOTE ] Well, yes, I do (but I suspect that most of their operators don't). My support person and I typically chat in English. Most of them speak better English than your average two plus two poster uses to post. No emoticons either. That's a huge imporvement.
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have free minutes while on Hold?

[/ QUOTE ] Granted I don't call during outages but I have probably made ten support calls to Party in the last year and the combined wait time of all calls hasn't been three minutes.
[ QUOTE ]
Did it ever have any effect/affect? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Assuming OP has the capability to fax from home and isn't acting fraudulently I would guess he could have solved this problem with Party support in less time than it took him to type yet another hysterical, paranoid post.