PDA

View Full Version : Throwing caution to the wind and the foot to the gas

B Dids
11-17-2005, 12:04 AM
Party 3/6 6 max. I've been at this table and have pretty solid reads.

I have black 6s on the button. Folded to me, I raise and the SB 3-bets. He's bad passive post flop, but plays a reasonable game preflop.

BB calls two cold. Loosish preflop, bad post flop, maybe a little aggro, but he's not calling two cold here without something decent.

I think "screw you, I'm flopping a set" and call. FWIW I'm good at flopping sets and because of that PJN thinks I should cap here.

Flop is 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (duh)

SB bets, BB raises, I 3-bet. SB folds, BB calls.

Turn J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he caps. I get worried.

River 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

He bets, I raise because I think a guy who take this turn line with QQ caps it preflop and dosesn't raise the flop with JJ, so he's got QJ.

SomethingClever
11-17-2005, 12:20 AM
your postflop play seems fine, but i don't understand the preflop action. did you limp on the button?

edit: yeah, i see you fixed it.

seems good. a river raise is pushing... but this is a blind battle and people frequently overplay here. good hand.

B Dids
11-17-2005, 12:23 AM
No, I raised and my brain thought my raise was so obvious that I didn't need to say that. I've corrected the post now.

Entity
11-17-2005, 12:27 AM
The river raise seems pretty obvious to me. I'd call a 3-bet tho.

Rob

sfer
11-17-2005, 01:03 AM
nh

jason_t
11-17-2005, 01:16 AM
A heartbreaking work of staggering genius.

blackize
11-17-2005, 01:21 AM
Lol...quite the book

PTjvs
11-17-2005, 03:34 AM
I'm capping the river too if given the option. This guy rare has QQ, he didn't cap preflop & didn't cap the flop. JJ is possible but unlikely, as he raised a flop that wasn't great for JJ. 77 is even less likely. This guy has QJ, 33, or is being an idiot with something else here almost every single time.

jvs

redbeard
11-17-2005, 03:59 AM
i think that two pair qj is the most obvious choice for villan's hand. i like the river raise and will call if he three bets.

TomBrooks
11-17-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He bets, I raise because I think a guy who take this turn line with QQ caps it preflop and dosesn't raise the flop with JJ, so he's got QJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I guy might only call two in the BB with QQ as he's OOP.

Just calling the river looks prudent to me. A raise might be OK though. I think it's close.

11-17-2005, 08:21 PM
so what do you think he thinks about you? have you been playing loose agressive?

you bet from the button...he raises, is it not possible that he thinks you are stealing?

two diamonds on the flop, and two hearts on the board by the turn...he took control preflop and has tried to keep it the entire time...looks like he thinks you are drawing to a flush and he is trying to price you out, so he bets on the river...

meanwhile you sit on a set...oughtn't you re-raise?

B Dids
11-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Huh?

Did I never not raise in this hand?

I can't imagine he has a solid read on me. I've been mixing it up well, and have made at least one goofy misread call down at the table. He hasn't seen agression like this from me, save one hand where we chopped up an ATx flop with AK when I slowed down on the turn and he didn't.