PDA

View Full Version : Nut straight rivers underfull, OOP. 50 PLO.

LearnedfromTV
11-16-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm UTG with ~ $55. Button has me covered.

I have Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

PRE-FLOP
Hero raises to $1.50, Button calls, BB calls

($5) FLOP 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Bb checks, Hero bets $5, Button calls $5, BB folds.

($15) TURN T /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero bets $15, Villain calls $15.

($45) River 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I have about $30 left. He covers. What's your play?

Tilt
11-17-2005, 12:47 AM
ON the river, check to induce the bluff. Call what he bets, don't go over the top cause he won't usually call at that point with a hand you beat.

I think 89 or a diamond draw are more plausible than a higher boat. Slowplaying a set or top two pair on that flop is kinda crazy.

Wheatsauce
11-17-2005, 02:45 AM
I agree. Check call. You won't get a better hand to fold, and there are too few holdings you beat that would call anything meaningful. No reason to bet if you can't bluff and you can't value bet.

If you check he will be pretty sure you don't have KK, which he was likely worried about with your pf raise, so he may well bluff at the "scare card". Or he may think he is value betting 88 or 89.

LearnedfromTV
11-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Yeah, as soon as I bet ($20), I thought it was a mistake.

The only hand I get value from is a straight, 89, or 88. Of those, only 89 has any business not raising the flop or turn, and it probably folds the turn.

Most likely hand is flush draw or maybe a TT that flopped a straight or flush draw. Could have KK or K9 but unlikely. Given that he called twice on that board, it's probably pretty rare that he has anything but the flush draw, but the times he doesn't I think I'm behind more than ahead.

He folded, but that's not really the point. He has missed diamonds like 75% of the time. Checking gets good money in the pot way more often than betting.